Hi Ladies

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Candice Send a message via Yahoo to Candice
Hi!

I'm Not Pregnant right now, nor do I plan to become pregnant any time soon.

I have 2 daughters who were both hospital births. And I kinda regret having them at the hospital.

I felt rushed at the hospital and not in control of my own body. I was poked, proded and bullied I feel by the nurses and the doctors who delivered my girls.

The first time, I was a scared 18 year old who didn't know any better and just accepted being yelled at by the nurse who didn't wanted to hear me cry or yell in pain. I had a quick labour (3 hours in total) No drugs and a torn up girly area (obviously no one at the hospital practiced perineum support) they gave ne no privacy after the birth, i was bullied by a nurse to breastfeed who grabed my breasts and tried to do it for me and i was never shown gently how to nurse. I had a baby that was born in the wee haours on the morning (2:12am) when the nursing staff was on thier last legs and had really crabby attitudes.

My 2nd birth, I was ready I knew more..and I spoke up for myself.. but i still feel like i was bullied (it was the same hospital as the first time.. there is only one in our area)

My water was broken at a "Stretchy 6 cm" all because the doctor was really tired and I was the only woman on the L&D ward.. he wasn't to get my delivery over with so he could get some sleep.

This time I was successful in breastfeeding, all because i knew more about it and what to do.. the nurses really didn't help me as all this time.. and Ella and I have been breastfeeding for 9 months now.

I didn't hate my hospital births, but I regret not having what i wanted in them.

SO! This brings me to why I'm posting here!

I want a home birth for the next baby we have.... Unassisted if posible.. but I'll take a midwife too lol
I don't want to be bullied, or yelled at anymore. I want a clam peaceful birth in a place that is MINE.. I don't want someone I have never met stroll in when they fell like and tell me what to do with my body.

It's My Body, My Birth.. I WANT TO OWN IT!

So I came to this board for information and anything else related to Home births.

Anyways.. that's my reason...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/16b04c <--- CLICK ME TO STALK THE CHART
November 25th, 2006, 08:24 PM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
<div align="center">HEY!!!! Welcome! It's great to "see" new faces! When did it hit you that this is what you wanted? Was it gradual or was there a moment?

My name is Abbey, I also had my first child in a hospital and while it was a "good hospital birth" it was not what I have come to view as my IDEAL birth. Either me or my husband will catch the baby, no one will make him cry by shoving stuff up his nose or injecting him with anything, it will be a gentle birth and I couldn't be more excited about it!

There are some wonderful and experienced women in here and we are ALL happy to answer questions. So hop right in and fire away!</div>
November 25th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Candice Send a message via Yahoo to Candice
Well It's been gradual over the years. I wanted to have a midwife with my first but didn't know how to go about it as i was completely clueless in the first place.

With Ella I wanted a midwife and thought about a homebirth as well.. but my hubby was very nervous and I stuck to what I knew.

I friend of mine had her second at home and she said it was the best experiance she ever had, a million times better than the hospital birth she had with her first. She told me that next time go for home! lol

I've been reading and looking thing up online about home births and have become even more intrigued with them.

With Ella I felt that the doctor should have let the waters break on thier own, and not speed things up like it did. They broke my waters and 10 minutes later a head was emerging.. the doctor though he had time to take a NAP! HA! that's what you get for ttrying to hurry things up I guess.

next baby i want a natural, calm, relaxed birth.. I want nature to take it's course. Since i had two spectactularly excellent deliveries already.. i doubt the next time will be any different.... I just want what i want... no ifs ands or butts... you know?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/16b04c <--- CLICK ME TO STALK THE CHART
December 7th, 2006, 07:20 AM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know exactly what you mean.

(sorry, i missed this post earlier)

I was intervened a lot with my first as well, It's going to be so nice not to have anybody screw with me in labor!
December 8th, 2006, 02:26 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a dork and just read this - I thought I'd say hello, welcome and all that good stuff! I'm excited to see another woman who wants to go unassisted - I understand those who want a midwife around but I love to hear about women who want to do it alone!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search