Food at Birth?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2006, 09:45 AM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you planning on supplying food for the birth team? Have you in the past?

I will either have a froz lasagna or a stew in the crockpot. and PLENTY of coffee as I am quite sure I will go into labor at night.
December 4th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We had fresh fruits and veffies, crackers and cheese, and pita chips and hummus. None of it got eaten. I was in labor 10 pm to 8:30 with my parents and aunt there starting at 2 and the midwife and assistant there starting at 4:30.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

December 4th, 2006, 02:31 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought a big precooked ham that we sliced & cut into cubes. Some cheese cubes. Wheat crackers. Frozen lasagna. Frozen veggies. And of course, we forgot the coffee lol.

It worked out well, and we had MORE than plenty left over. I remember though, being in hard hard labor and looking up and asking if anyone had started the lasagna yet lol.

The ncie thing was we had that food to snack on for about a week afterwards lol.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
December 4th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tea and cookies is all they are getting LOL they are welcome to more if it is in but I don't plan to go out of my way.My midwife just asked me to stack up on tea and coffee.
December 6th, 2006, 12:32 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DANG! I did *not* even think about this. Like at all. I suppose since it will just be me, DH and maybe my best friend taking pics everyone will be comfortable enough just heading towards the fridge, I do have some frozen lasagna's and casseroles though.

Good question!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search