Back here again...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2007, 07:07 PM
viXen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I posted my intro post a little while back...
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...owtopic=433384

And who knew I would pretty much got pregnant right at that exact time

My name is Jessie, 23, and I am just about 8 weeks pregnant with my second baby, due September 14th, 2007! We will be moving to Oklahoma come April.

This pregnancy has already been crazy... one of my OBs was worried about pain on my left side, sent me for a U/S, all they saw was a sac (I was only around 4-5 weeks). She said she was worried, took my blood. My numbers came back and didnt double within 48 hours so she told me I would miscarry. Even with no bleeding and no cramping, she was sure of it and wanted to give me something to miscarry by the end of the following week! I asked for another ultrasound and 6 weeks there was development but no heartbeat yet. Again, went for another ultrasound around 7-8 weeks and that is when my "miscarriage" had a heartbeat! I was 6 days less farther along than my LMP predicted but using your LMP is the worst way to calculate a due date if you ask me.

Anyway, I am still considering a home birth. When I move to Oklahoma I would like to go with a midwife instead of an OB. Again, I am still terrified of a home birth (but I think just terrified of birth again in general).

I hope you dont mind me ladies hanging around and learning as much as I can!

February 1st, 2007, 04:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So great to see another Sept. mom here! You've been on quite the roller coaster too. Hopefully you will easily be able to work through your fears of homebirth, and birth in general! There are so many knowledgeable and experienced moms here, don't hesitate to ask any questions, no matter what they may be! (We've all had the same questions ourselves, I' can almost gaurentee ya that!)

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2