Tomorrow!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Well, tomorrow is my next regular appt. and I'm planning on talking to my midwife about possibly doing a homebirth.

I'm rather nervous. If she doesn't do them, I dont' think I will try to find someone who does. At this point I really dont' want to switch. So wish me luck that she does them.

Any tips on questions I should ask? Someone in my DDC brought up what to do with the placenta... what did you all do??

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

February 4th, 2007, 09:06 PM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww! That's so awesome, good luck! I know there is a form on the NCB board of questions to ask your MW about HB. The placenta, I will prob freeze till i decide what to do. I want to do a placenta print first though. Then I want to encapsulate it, and plant a little of it, under a fruit tree.
February 5th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We saved it in the freezer for two years. I wanted to plant it under a tree, but we never got around to it. It ended up getting tossed out when we moved. If you are going to toss it out, you do want to put it in a tupperware container and freeze it first though so the neighborhood dogs don't get to it. The next one I am going to bury in the ground and plant a tree. We are planning on planting some trees this fall anyway so it will work out perfectly.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
February 5th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If the ground is going to be frozen when I have a baby, we double bag it and put it in the freeze. As soon as we are able, we bury it under the lilac bush in the backyard. We hoped to be moved by the time this one is born though, so we'll have to find a new place to bury it.

I hope it all works out for you.

Mama to:
Nick, 19
Abby, 17
Gabe, 15
Isaac, 13
Mary-Kate, 12
Sam, 11
Henry, 10
Molly, 8
Mark, 7
Greta, 5
Cecilia, 4
Josephine, 2
Evie, born 12.31.13
Baby due in July!
February 5th, 2007, 10:24 AM
bubblesispreggers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to bubblesispreggers
Hey! I cant wait to hear what your MW said! I'm hoping you get the homebirth that you want! I go to my first prenatal with my MW as a MW (I had been seeing her as a doula client) today in just a few hours. I'm sure I'll be posting about what went on and the things she said when I get back.

I dont have first hand experience, but I know a lot of people make a "placenta tree" print. You can either use the blood that is on it or you can paint it and then use it as a stamp on a big piece of paper. Alot of people bury theirs. My MW had a client donate hers for science and currently it is in a jar in my MW's fridge.

Jenny

</MARQUEE>
February 5th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks for being so supportive girls!

My appointment is at 2:00pm PST so I'll update you after that.

You know what's the weirdest thing about all this... I have gotten ZERO negative comments. It kinda freaks me out. But the worst I've gotten is a couple funny looks and a few questions, but nothing negative at all! I'm shocked!

February 5th, 2007, 11:02 AM
That's really awesome! That you haven't gotten any negativity.. I haven't really either, which also surprised me. My stepmom thinks i'm doing it to be "cool" and that irks me, but other than that.....
February 5th, 2007, 02:43 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
DH is not at sentimental about the placenta as I might have been, so our placentas have been buried in the ground in no significant location.

Can't wait to hear your update, and I hope everything goes well!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 5th, 2007, 04:30 PM
well, the midwife wasn't there, but her assistant said that she doesn't do homebirths So oh well, back to having the baby at the birth center, which isn't a big deal, it's what I was planning anyway

February 5th, 2007, 08:33 PM
aw shucks! oh well, BC it is!
February 14th, 2007, 04:57 PM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Kelli,
I know you said you didn't want to switch midwives...but you might just check out Dr. Frazer. She only does homebirths and she's GREAT! If you're interested it's BLUE HERON NATUROPATHIC CARE 509-586-9691 and the address is 315 W. 1st Ave, Kennewick. She does all our naturopathic care and my prenatal. I was going to do the homebirth here but have decided to have this baby in Seattle with my former midwives. Good luck.
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
February 19th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
Um..sorry I am of NO HELP here, I just want to know why you all keep the placenta?! I have never had a home-birth and never plan on it either, but I like to research all my options. This is by far the oddest thing I have heard. I really mean no offense, I am just curious. What is your reason for keeping it and freezing/burying it? I have looked at the placenta of one of my 3 children and it honestly made me ill to look at, I couldn't imagine keeping it. That is just me obviously, but I am interested to hear your reasons.
February 22nd, 2007, 09:31 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Um..sorry I am of NO HELP here, I just want to know why you all keep the placenta?! I have never had a home-birth and never plan on it either, but I like to research all my options. This is by far the oddest thing I have heard. I really mean no offense, I am just curious. What is your reason for keeping it and freezing/burying it? I have looked at the placenta of one of my 3 children and it honestly made me ill to look at, I couldn't imagine keeping it. That is just me obviously, but I am interested to hear your reasons.[/b]
An excellent question!! A lot of women find that they become attached to the "life-support" that nourished their baby for nine months, others plan to utilize it for health purposes. Either way there are a lot of great things that you can do with the placenta, you can encapsulate it, make it into a tonic, make it into plasanga (I laugh alot about this one), or you can plant it. Some women will use it during the first minutes after delivery to help with hemorrage. The benefits of ingesting the placenta are awesome, women who have done so report it stopping PPD, faster healing times, greater energy, some women even link it to a boost in their iron levels. I plan on making mine into a tonic, though I have to admit it's still in the freezer. Still I will get it made eventually, and I'll have to let you all know how it works for me!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search