Need some crunchy opinions from moms who've gone into labor on their OWN.

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2007, 11:48 AM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, so I'm due in two days and i know i have been saying this whole time, just relax, let it come, don't screw with it....blah, blah, blah, I"m getting a little antsy, ok? I'm a big hypocrite. Huge. It's not so much that I don't want to be preggo anymore, I just am SO excited about this birth! I was watching house of babies today and the daddy was talking about how he was catching the baby and he was the first person to touch his son, we had already decided that my DH will catch baby, so the made me cry, the idea is just so sweet to me and i'm SO looking forward to it.

SO anyway, I don't really feel different mentally, but something is going on....could still be a couple weeks I guess, but here's my symptoms.

Ok, I STINK. I don't know what that is, but i need deodorant, and I never need deodorant.
I'm breaking out EVERYWHERE. I haven't had a pimple since seven months, but in the last week, my acne went nuts.
I'm really weepy, everything makes me cry
My sleeping patterns are just weird. I'm not tired during the day anymore, which is WIERD, and i have funky half sleep at night.
Ok that's it, but last night i did experience some INTENSE cervical pressure/pain.

anyone else? any thoughts?
February 5th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
Sounds a lot like I was the last few days before Ele came. My sleep was seriously screwed up, I was going to bed at like 2am, but I wasn't really that tired, even though I had to be up by 8 with ds. My dh and mom told me my belly looked different the night before she was born. I had some pretty intense contx lasting up to 5 minutes at a time the last few days before she was born too.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
February 5th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I remember my sleep patterns getting all screwy in the days before I went into labor... good luck, hopefully it's soon!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

February 5th, 2007, 12:41 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well im a wierdo lol.

I kept looking for signs - I had none. i was waiting for energy, nesting, bowel changes, anything - nothing.

At 40 weeks, i went to see an acupuncturist figuring it could help move things along - Id had some contractions a few days before that lasted 16 hours - 5 mins apart. I left the office, my sinuses started draining. Got home & felt like a train had hit me & like I was coming down with a cold. I was so anxious I thought MAYBE this is it!

I just kept getting worse & worse though - so I took out all the accupressure tabs shed applied & said screw this!. Within an hour, I was back to feelign normal lol. I think my body was clearing out the sinuses which it does do before labor sometimes, but my body just wasnt ready. I was fine with that.

The day I went into labor was a week past my EDD. Id delivered 6 days BEFORE my EDD with my first, so this seemed like it was REALLY dragging on forever! lol.

But, nothing seemed different. no different feelings. No typical signs. I was having contractions, every 40 mins. They were noticable, but u know - 40 mins apart who thinks anything of those?!

That evening - I got 2 or 3 back to back then nothing again for 40 mins. But when I called my MW to tell her I was really working through these putsy contractions, she headed over.
She got here at 10:30, and almost immediately, I started having contractions closer together - but they didnt get regular until halfway through labor!

4 1/2 hours after she got here, I had the baby!

Personally, every time I had all "the signs" - it was "false alarms". The one day when I felt pretty normal, no signs of any impending labor, etc... I went into labor lol.

You never really know I guess. But, even without ANY signs, youll know It sounds so contradictory, but its true!

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
February 5th, 2007, 01:36 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
My first thought is to keep a close eye on what you are eating... lots of light, high-protein meals. You may know this but intercourse can be helpful in ripening the cervix and bringing on labor.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 5th, 2007, 04:05 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are going to *hate* me for saying this but patience, love!!!! I was the same way, I didn't want to not bepregnant anymore I wanted to meet my baby and experience labor.

Anyhow you know what my signs were - the skin got bad and I got stinky and irritable...

You're not a huge hypocrite, just a normal pregnant mommy!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

February 5th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I think you are going to have a baby really, really soon. I am sure you will be having a February baby. Hang on! The time between now and the baby's birth is really short in the grand scheme of things (mine were 7, 5, and 10 days overdue and I was mighty antsy every time!).

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

February 5th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Thank you ladies! You all made me feel so much better, I didn't even realize how I just needed some reassurance.
February 5th, 2007, 08:30 PM
hey I'm dilated! lol, yes, I KNOW it means nothing, really I do. I am not really as excited about the dilation as I am about the softness of my cervix right now. DH checked for me, to verify what I found earlier. We think 2-3 and soft as MOOOSH, lol! I've never dilated before, I was induced before I had the chance, maybe that's why it's exciting....well, LaLa, i was hoping to come off as cool and composed as you were a the end....but i'm not having much luck!
February 6th, 2007, 07:46 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh trust me, I was having to give myself pep talks every frigging day! lol.

Seriously, stand in the mirror, and tell yourself what youd tell any other PG woman. It was like a mind game with me Im telling you! lol.

Also - remember - pg can be miserable - I HATE HATE HATE being pg. HATE IT. But - you do miss it. And you only get to have this pg once. No going back. Sit down, and just really FEEL being pg. FEEL what it feels like, burn it into your memory. Talk to your baby. It sounds cuckoo - but it helps Enjoy this pg, this time with DH, sit around and just do nothing but BE PREGNANT! lol. just do it all the time so much as if the more you feel it & pay attention to how it feels to be pg that youre that much more likely to never forget what it feels like. And i know you think you can never forget, but you do miss it, you kinda forget... and its so hard to imagine what it felt like to feel those baby kicks, etc.

So as much as you want to see that baby,remember that in a few weeks, youll be missing those feelings of having the baby inside of you, attached to you, etc.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
February 6th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Thank you, we are doing the belly cast tonight. I know I will miss it, i missed DD so much when she was out, even though i could hold her, it wasn't the same.

MY dear sweet MW is coming to the house for my appt this week, yay!
February 6th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
you sound like youre getting close, and that last week or two is just excrucuating, interpreting each little twinge and feeling, and posting on boards and calling your midwife and doula... been there myself, girl. Hang in there!!!! I am praying for you!

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search