Homebirth Preperation,

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2007, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was just wondering what I need to get in preperation for my home birth,

(proberly been asked 1000's times already,)
like towels, plastic liners etc,
In a way I need to prepare in case my midwife doesnt arrive in time,
as I ve had 1hours long labours, from start to finish, and my midwife live a 35 min drive away,
so I want to be prepared just in case she doesnt arrive in time for the actual delivery,
and since I also live a 30 min drive from the closest city, where I can buy anything I need,
and after 30wks will only be able to go into town once a week, and only with DH,
I want to try and have everythign all sorted before then,

thanks in advance for your help,
<div align="center"><div align='center'></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"><div align='center'>Loved Missed and never forgotten</div><div align="center">Twins Makayla and Liliana 1st Dec 2004 and "little surprise" Jan 08 </div>

</div>
</div>
March 2nd, 2007, 08:35 PM
bubblesispreggers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to bubblesispreggers
I am a little confused but it may be that my MW is just different from yours... mine gave me a list of things to purchase and a list of things she would bring with her. Did you not get a list?-- well, I guess not, or you wouldn't be asking, lol, sorry.

My MW has the parent supply list on her site so I will just link you. http://webpages.charter.net/jcmidwife/supplies.html The birth kit we ordered can be seen here: http://www.inhishands.com/html/birthkit.html-- it's the deluxe kit and she added a few extra things to that (at that website they have a service for midwives where if they have an account you can just put their name on the order and they will send you the specific things your MW has on her list).

I can't find the list she gave me of things that she will bring with her (we just moved into a new house and there is stuff everywhere!) but when/if I find it I'll post it for you.

</MARQUEE>
March 2nd, 2007, 08:47 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will try to find my list post and bump it for you
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

March 2nd, 2007, 11:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks heaps,

so far my midwife hasnt really mentioned anything i need to have already at home,

but I'm seeing ehr on monday, so i will check with her then,
<div align="center"><div align='center'></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"><div align='center'>Loved Missed and never forgotten</div><div align="center">Twins Makayla and Liliana 1st Dec 2004 and "little surprise" Jan 08 </div>

</div>
</div>
March 3rd, 2007, 12:00 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I'm thinking a birth supply list would be very convenient to keep in a sticky.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

March 4th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Saw my midwife,

and happy to report, that she provides pretty much everything we will need,

a month before my due date she willgive me all medical type suplies that will be needed for the birth, even down to a bag of hospital sheets towels absorbant pads etc,

and i I need to make sure I have one hand, are
plastic drop sheets, for the bed and floor, and some nice warm towels,
plus the usual stuff I woulds have taken to a hospital birth for the baby and myself.

</div>
</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search