what made you decide

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
what made you decide a home birth vs. a birthing center?

I would love to do a home birth with my next baby. But I was just curious why you chose to do a home birth over a birthing center.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

March 7th, 2007, 03:51 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The comfort of our home, the not having to get up and go anywhere, the fact that an out of hospital birth was the same regardless of at home or somewhere else... with the birthing center, Id have to go there, come back, go back the day after the birth, etc.

Home birth - she came to me for all of that

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 7th, 2007, 07:09 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. No birth centers here, but we had access to a midwife willing to travel to us to do a homebirth.

2. I liked the idea of just being in the quiet of our own home. No driving anywhere - just had to crawl into my own warm bed with my new baby when it was all over with.
March 7th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we haven't dont a homebirth yet, but what made me switch on over to the homebirth was that while a midwife would be present, it was MY home and my surroundings, and i was ultimatly in control, not having a center in control. MOST centers are just fantastic, and i have nothing on this world against them, and think they are just a great alternative to birth centers. But they still aren't home, and its not the same privacy or control. You come and go when you want (not much going!!) and essentially its more peaceful to me... you can birth in your living room, bedroom, kitchen..

March 7th, 2007, 07:51 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
we haven't dont a homebirth yet, but what made me switch on over to the homebirth was that while a midwife would be present, it was MY home and my surroundings, and i was ultimatly in control, not having a center in control. MOST centers are just fantastic, and i have nothing on this world against them, and think they are just a great alternative to birth centers. But they still aren't home, and its not the same privacy or control. You come and go when you want (not much going!!) and essentially its more peaceful to me... you can birth in your living room, bedroom, kitchen..[/b]
Not on the kitchen table I hope!
March 7th, 2007, 09:11 PM
bubblesispreggers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to bubblesispreggers
Quote:
1. No birth centers here, but we had access to a midwife willing to travel to us to do a homebirth.

2. I liked the idea of just being in the quiet of our own home. No driving anywhere - just had to crawl into my own warm bed with my new baby when it was all over with.[/b]

There is a birth center 2 hours away but honestly the birth center option never even crossed my mind. I also agree with Lala that anything they can do in a birth center they can do in my home.

</MARQUEE>
March 8th, 2007, 05:28 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I had Cameron in a freestanding birthing center. I lived in a state where a homebirth was not an option. We moved to another state where homebirth was definitely an option and it just made sense to me to progress to home since I'd be in my own germs and wouldn't have to go anywhere in labor. The equipment the midwife brought to my homebirth was no less than what there was at the birthing center.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

March 8th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There is a freestanding birth center about 20 minutes from me, I've taught baby wearing there a few times and I get my prenatal massages there. It's beautiful, it has everything I could have at home, and even more really. (the VIEW is beautiful!)

But, it's not my home, it's not my husbands home, my baby's home. It would be like packing up and having my baby in someone else's bedroom. That seems really weird to me.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
March 8th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
I toured the birth center about 45 minutes from me, and other than the queen sized quilt-covered bed, the environment just still seemed as sterile as a hospital. Not homey. Not appealing. That helped me entertain homebirth more with my second child. Having had two home waterbirths, I cant imagine delivering anywhere else.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

March 8th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
thanks so much girls

Until recently I did not even know that birthing centers existed. I plan to do a home birth, but was just curious as to why you shose not to do a birthing center. I agree with all of you that it is just not your home. You don't have to pack anything, it is all right there. You get to stay in your bed with your baby.

Thanks again girls.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search