Who's expecting?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2007, 07:30 AM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So who's pg and planning a HB? How are you feeling? Are your *people* supportive?
March 13th, 2007, 09:54 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Me...edd 8/20, planning my third homebirth!!!! I'm feeling great, I "do" pregnancy well, guess thats why I am working on #7. Unfortunately my family isn't supportive of me having more children (I have "too many" according to them) so they don't even know.
#12 is on the way
March 13th, 2007, 10:07 AM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm expecting. I'm due April 25th with a little girl. I just switched back to my original homebirth plan. I WAS going to go to the Seattle area to have my baby at the birth center where my other two were born after originally planning a home birth. NOW I've switched back and am definitely going to just stay home and have this baby here. My birth tub (La Bassine) should arrive today. My midwife/ND here is going to be shocked when I tell her at my appt. today that I'm staying and she'll be assisting after all!

OH...and I'm feeling GREAT! My whole family is totally supportive. My husband is happy about our decision to just stay here...no way he'll miss the birth now! We've had lots of home births in our family...so no lack of support and understanding.
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
March 13th, 2007, 11:02 AM
bubblesispreggers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to bubblesispreggers
I'm due March 30th and planning a homebirth!!! I'm feeling pretty good except for the bones cracking apart in my pelvis, haha. DH is very supportive and my mom tries to be (she's never experienced birth before-- my brother and I are both adopted). My dad on the other hand wishes I would just go to a hospital where it's safe. Right. Most people just think I'm crazy but they don't count anyway.

</MARQUEE>
March 14th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Super Mommy
I'm due October 29th. Feeling pretty icky these days. I'm sick if I eat, I'm sick if I don't eat and have had a headache for about 3 weeks straight. Nothing but ice cold lemon water seems to help at all, so I've been downing the stuff.

As for being supportive, DH is great. We haven't really started telling people yet though, so I haven't had to face any of the negative comments yet.

March 14th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Planning my third homebirth. Last two I had a MW but planning a UC this time :-)

Im feeling great right now~ I feel soooo connected to life.

March 14th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Me, me, me! I'm due in September and planning another HB. Most of my family and friends are supportive. I've already had a homebirth, so they had their say back then. They know by now that they can't talk me out of it.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
March 15th, 2007, 05:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm due in September. This will be my 8th homebirth, 9th baby. (1st was a hospital birth.) Most of my family are supportive, but my parents are not. You'd think they'd be over this by now. I just steer clear of the subject with them. I'm feeling really good. I had a rocky start in this pregnancy, (lost a twin between 9 and 10 weeks), but I'm feeling really good and enjoying every second of the pregnancy.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
March 15th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Joni927's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm due July 31st! I want to do it at home. The only person I've told so far is my husband and he's thrilled about it. Yay!

Thank you so much, Jessica "dettmer26", for the beautiful siggie!

</div>
March 15th, 2007, 06:40 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I'm due Sep. 22nd, and planning a homebirth possibly unassisted but probably with a midwife. I'm feeling pretty rough lately, but no complaints. My hubby is supportive and he's the only other one who has a say as far as I'm concerned!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

March 19th, 2007, 09:17 PM
kimberkin's Avatar Super Mommy
Add me to the list! Due June 14 with my fourth! (A boy after three girls!) I'm so excited about a homebirth no one could change my mind. Mom is now awesomely on board, DH is supportive, kiddos are excited, sister is onboard. And no one else really gets a say I am just looking forward to actually being able to hold this little one right after he is born, and giving birth not flat on my back! Labor my way! Hehe ok enough for now!

April 1st, 2007, 11:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm here to, due 3rd June, and planing my first home birth
<div align="center"><div align='center'></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"><div align='center'>Loved Missed and never forgotten</div><div align="center">Twins Makayla and Liliana 1st Dec 2004 and "little surprise" Jan 08 </div>

</div>
</div>
April 2nd, 2007, 12:32 PM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Me...edd 8/20, planning my third homebirth!!!! I'm feeling great, I "do" pregnancy well, guess thats why I am working on #7. Unfortunately my family isn't supportive of me having more children (I have "too many" according to them) so they don't even know.[/b]

Ack, i didn't tell my mom till month 4 either. Screw them all, what do they know?
April 4th, 2007, 08:36 AM
CrunchyMomma's Avatar Regular
I am due with #5 on 11/21 and I am doing another UC HB. My last was an accidental UCHB so if I could do it unprepared image how well I can do with a little warning
April 4th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
Due with #4 on 10/08, planning our 3rd home waterbirth with a midwife.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

April 5th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me too now! Not due til Dec so of course haven't told anyone ... so nobody's been supportive yet.

Now I have a reason to be on the Homebirth board!

</div>
April 16th, 2007, 09:32 AM
sighandbreathe's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to sighandbreathe
I'm due on Dec. 6, I believe. I'm trying to get DH to come around to the idea of a homebirth. My dream would be to have a UCHB, but since it's our first, I'll have a midwife at least.

Question- I really hate the attitude of 'well I'm the pregnant one so I'll name/dress/whatever the baby the way I want no matter what DH says', but do you think that is an acceptable argument when it comes to birthing? I mean, I'm the one that has to physically do it, so why should I have to work so hard to convince him to let me do it the way I'd feel most comfortable, right? Or am I missing something?
April 16th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'm due on Dec. 6, I believe. I'm trying to get DH to come around to the idea of a homebirth. My dream would be to have a UCHB, but since it's our first, I'll have a midwife at least.

Question- I really hate the attitude of 'well I'm the pregnant one so I'll name/dress/whatever the baby the way I want no matter what DH says', but do you think that is an acceptable argument when it comes to birthing? I mean, I'm the one that has to physically do it, so why should I have to work so hard to convince him to let me do it the way I'd feel most comfortable, right? Or am I missing something?[/b]
I don't know. I think it's important to try to bring him around or find a compromise (for example having a midwife instead of trying it unassisted if the idea of UC bothers him) using information he can understand. My DF, right now, has NO IDEA what birth will actually look like, etc. He's read a little but it's not real to him yet. So to explain it I had to use the poo analogy. I think it's up in a sticky at the top here.

If you're someone who wants to birth at home, it is because you really do think it's better and healthier for mom and baby. That's the difference I see. And that's why I'd say forget him. In the same vein if I went temporarily insane and didn't want to allow a lifesaving operating on my kid, I hope he would disregard my wishes and do it anyway! Importance is the difference to me. Is this thing more important than your relationship, or less important? If it's more important do what you think is right. If less, compromise.

</div>
April 17th, 2007, 08:34 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
i honestly feel that dh respects you and cares about that it's YOUR body doing the work, then he would want it for you. my dh really just wants to talk to the midwife and ask his own quesitons and get informed and to feel comfy with HER. so maybe set up a meeting or a phone call for your dh and the midwife. have her recognize he is concerned and to treat him as she would treat you.

that said, we aren't prego, we are discussing and planning our third. when it happenes, it happens, and we will be homebirthing, my only other choice is a 3rd c-section and i refuse it. so he better get comfy and secure with HB lol
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!
April 19th, 2007, 01:18 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:

Question- I really hate the attitude of 'well I'm the pregnant one so I'll name/dress/whatever the baby the way I want no matter what DH says', but do you think that is an acceptable argument when it comes to birthing? I mean, I'm the one that has to physically do it, so why should I have to work so hard to convince him to let me do it the way I'd feel most comfortable, right? Or am I missing something?[/b]
This was an issue for me in the beginning, but eventually I came to the realization if I was going to be raped and my husband were ok with it I still wouldn't want to be raped. Yes your DH's say is important, but in the end it is your body and your decision. Being forced to give birth in a way with which you are not comfortable is rape, hands down. And it's up to you to stop it. If that means he gets pissed then maybe he needs to take a cold hard look at how he feels about you and your body.

There are some great arguments for having an unassisted birth. Depending on the state your midwife may not be allowed to attend without some ridiculous stipulations, and a MW who doesn't care about those stipulations would be illegal. Also there are some MWs who are just as bad as OBs but don't show it until you are in labor. I know there are women who love their midwives and that's great for them. Me I loved having no one but my closest friend and family around me while I was in labor. Even having them there was distracting enough that I think if my labor were going to be shorter next time I wouldn't want any of them around.

In the end I firmly believe that pregnancy and birth are the only times when a mans say should have little or no meaning. And if your husband loves and respects you he'll trust your decision. I know it's a tough call but it's yours to make. Good luck!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search