Birthing tubs

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Tikka's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I found sitting in my jacuzzi to be very helpful at alevating the pain when in labour with my DD.

Have since moved however, and no longer have the luxury of such a big tub. I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not birthing may be rented and what is the rate (approximately)

Thanks so much for the info

April 5th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Super Mommy
My midwife talked about that at our last visit. There is a woman in our area who rents really nice ones with heaters and filters and stuff for about $400. She comes and sets it all up about 2 weeks before your due date and leaves it for two weeks after. It does seem a little pricey, but probably well worth it. I assume its pretty common, maybe talk to you midwife and see if she knows of any rentals.

April 5th, 2007, 07:55 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
$400!?!?!?! We bought ours for $100! Granted we didnt buy the heater, filter, etc... but we didnt really need it. We did need a pump and a hose, and we could have bought a heater but even if we had it wouldnt have been NEAR $400!

I know there are some fancy ones, so Im not really surprised.

What you do want to look for is one that has a cushioned bottom - those will be VERY important lol.

Heres the one I bought: it has great insulated walls, retained the water temp great, and was easy to put up, fill, empty & take down:

From http://www.yourwaterbirth.com/

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 6th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I rented mine both times from a HB nurse. She charges $200. It comes with a heater too and worked pretty good.

I might look into what LaLa bought this time. I'm looking to save $$ wherever I can.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
April 6th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Tikka's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you all...

I am *definately* going to check that one out Lala

Thx again!

April 6th, 2007, 05:32 PM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also have the MADE IN WATER birthing tub that LaLa mentioned.
I also bought mine from http://yourwaterbirth.com/
I haven't "used" it yet but will be soon so I'll post a review on here after the birth. I don't plan on using it as much for early LABOR as for the actual transition/birth. It's not as long as I'd like but I'm just going to have to do things a little differently this time around...try some diff. positions and such.
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
April 6th, 2007, 08:39 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Really? Ours was 6 ft long I think? We had plenty of room for me to sit with legs straight out & still have Dh in with me. Hes 5'11" and Im 5'3".

I managed to move all around that sucker lol.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 7th, 2007, 06:34 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Some people use the kiddie pools too...the three ring ones with the cushioned bottoms. I have one to use in case I have a waterbirth this time around. Its the bargain basement of birthing tubs for broke mommas like me. LOL. My MW said they keep the water warm by using a bucket to bail and a pot of water warmed on the stove to heat it up. Hey..its an option.
#12 is on the way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search