We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
First, the person who wrote this is not all that "crunchy," I think. Because really, I mean, WHO out of us crunchy freaks, would give only 5 points for not circing and a full 15 points for cloth diapering?? I know I wouldn't. But whatever.
So I posted this on another thread also, but all of you "off the charts" moms need to know that: unless you compost your own waste, you are not off of my crunchiness scale
I got a 44, "Sprinkled with Granola". That's about what I would have guessed.
I was 100% creamy before having DS and have slowly become pretty open to the crunchy lifestyle. I got the most points for cloth diapering, using NFP/FA as birth control and doing delayed/selective vaccinations..
Rating - 135 - Super Nutty, Ultra-Crunchy Granola Earth Mama
1. Do you have homebirths?
yes - with a midwife in attendance
2. Will you circumcise future sons?
3. Do you use cloth diapers?
EC and cloth diaper. I do my own wash, but I don't make my own.
4. Do you observe your fertility signals using Natural Family Planning/Fertility Awareness and use that for birth control/trying to conceive?
yes - observe and use for birth control/ttc
5. Do you breastfeed exclusively for the first 6+ months?
yes - more like 10 month plus!
6. Do you co-sleep?
yes - all night every night
7. Do you use a sling/soft carrier?
yes - both
8. Do you believe in/practice child-led weaning (even if that means breastfeeding for several years)?
yes - up to 3 years
9. Do you tandem nurse/nurse during your pregnancy?
yes - nurse during pregnancy. My first self weaned due to my milk drying up, or I would have tandemed. We'll see what happens this time... Considering he only nurses 2x a day now, and he'll be almost 3 by then.. I'm thinking we'll be done.
10. Do you eat organic/whole/natural foods and limit your meat?
yes - grow some of own food, buy organic, grind our own wheat, bake own bread, eat meat about once a day. We are not vegetarian. We follow a "Traditional" Weston A Price modeled diet.
11. Do you use herbal/homeopathic remedies?
yes - very rarely see a regular doctor
12. Do you homeschool?
yes - currently homeschool
13. What's your take on childhood vaccinations?
14. Would you/have you ever breastfeed/fed someone else's baby or have someone else bf your child?
yes - I have and my sister has bf my baby
15. Do you use cloth/re-usable products for mom?
yes - make own