PG easier for HBers?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2007, 10:27 AM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The women in my playroom had every condition under the sun. I know that we are generally low risk as HBers anyway, but what else do you think plays into that? The women in this room seem to just take things in stride, and I think that counts for a lot.
April 17th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know ... there are already a million posts in my DDC about morning sickness, bloating, headaches, etc. And when the symptoms go away a lot of women freak out thinking something's wrong. I remember my SIL doing that. Every other day she'd be calling her doc ... her boobs didn't hurt as much, or she hadn't thrown up that morning, or whatever.

I just put on bigger pants, took some vitamins, and drank some tap water (really helps the morning sickness for me!).

I think it is just taking it in stride. My body's just doing what it needs to and I trust it. If you're looking at it from a really medicalized perspective, every little symptom and twinge is going to mean something (possibly bad!). I'm sure that contributes to the perception of it. Not to say they don't really have morning sickness or headaches or whatever, just that when you think about something it does seem worse.

</div>
April 17th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wonder where all these 'conditions' come from too. This will be my 9th baby, 14th pregnancy, 8th homebirth, and I haven't suffered from half, or even a quarter of the malaties that I hear so many women go on and on about. Am I just that lucky? Or is it that I work at prevention through (mostly) nutrition?? Hmmmm, this is a good question.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
April 17th, 2007, 05:45 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I would venture to guess that most women who even consider hb are going to be the women that already take measures to be responsible for their own health. Medically managed pregnancies ARE more stressful, IME. I wonder if most Americans aren't closet hypochondriacs.

I'm sorry... those were three completely unrelated sentances strung together in a paragraph. I hope it makes some sense.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

April 18th, 2007, 01:32 AM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mmmm, i REVEL in unrelated sentences, I love it, lol. I agree, I think most of us don't put a lot of stock in many of the "conditions" that traditionalists tend to develop. My MW was so relaxed, she didn't give me any reason to suspect complications and I was educated enough to know that they are not as common as people think. I didn't do the crazy three hour fast and then chug sugar and then test my blood for sugar, she pricked my finger a couple of hours after I ate a well balanced breaskfast, and of course I was normal. I skipped all other testing, b/c the rate of false positives are so high, and I know my own body well enough to know if I am sick.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search