tell me all

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2007, 07:56 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
tell me your helpful tips and advice on homebirthing. i have been forced into 2 c-section and now as we plan to concieve our 3rd we are going to homebirth. i talked to the midwife i like and next week dh wants to talk to her too.

and feel free to link spam me, i LOVE reading! and i have definitely checked out ICAN
² married to matt ²
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
²

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
April 17th, 2007, 09:12 PM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, first of all congratulations on your decision, what made you decide? How did the c-sections come about? What information specifically are you looking for? Preparation for house, prep for you and dh, safety stats, vbac stats, complications that can come up and how to resolve them? I can get you any of this, what would be most helpful?
April 23rd, 2007, 07:49 PM
seriously everything would be, cause i don't want those "wish i would have" moments, well at leats not alot fo them. you knwo those things you learn AFTER going through it, i want those tidbits and lessons you all have learned only thorugh experiencing HB. what do i ned to get my home and birthing are ready? wdid you have other older children allowed in the room? what was somehitng you loved about the experience that you would share with the whole world if you could!

thanks on the congrats!

well....my first birth, i wanted an all natural no drugs birth, i attended natural birthing lamaze classes and did alot of research online, talked with other moms..everything i thought i could do, i really thoguht i was going to be able to do it! but i was given 3 different due dates (feb.7, feb 9, then feb 1) so that did not help at all and the fact that iw as youing and although i centered my pregnancy around a natural birth, i didn't educate myself on the other things that COULD happen, like the effects of pitocin and demoral! so they ended up trying to induce me, it didn't work and i ended u in an emergency section. i was so doped up on demoral thogh i don't even remember much. and my son had formula before even BFing cause i was asleep for 4 hours afterwards. my baby was born at 7 and i didn't meet him until 11

then pregnancy #2 came and with living in nevada, i basically had no choice, or so i thought, and went along with the once a c-section always a c-section althoguh i was now aware of VBACS....i didn't even know of such things as homebirths still existing. so then once i had baby #2 by planned c-section, i got invilved with LLL and it's all uphill form there. BFed for 21 months (we just weaned, well he weaned himself im not raedy for it to be over lol ) and then cloth diapering and now i realized there's homebirth choice! and i have already talked with the midwife i have chosen and she has successfully done over 1500 births and many many VBACS with more than one prior cesarean.
² married to matt ²
²

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!
April 23rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmmm, ok, well, i would have looked harder for a photographer who i was comfortbale with, I ended up not calling the one I had settled on, b/c in the end I knew she wouldn't help the vibe. Now I don't have the beautiful pics I wanted. If you are going to have people there, I would only have people who are going to be completely confident in your ability to birth and view it as an amazing but NORMAL thing. I think kids are more than fine, just prepare them well....my dd gives "birth" everywhere, all the time. to a giraffe. The birth kit is easy, just order it online, precious arrows is there I got mine, get a lot of shower curtains or plastci sheets, especially if you have a water birth, cover your matress beforehand....have all the things you will want easily accesible, chapstick, water, lotion, etc. I'll try to keep thinking
April 23rd, 2007, 09:36 PM
see! i would never have thought of those things just yet, and i didn't even think about the photographer, i have thoguth about pioctures but never realized who would take them. ooo i think i already have someone in mind i think i would love to do it. totally a crunchy mama! she would totally help the mood and she is so gentle.

ok keep it comin! thanks!
² married to matt ²
²

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!
April 25th, 2007, 12:08 PM
bubblesispreggers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to bubblesispreggers
I came across this article when searching for references for the homebirth debate and I thought of you.

http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/acog.asp

</MARQUEE>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search