Checkin in with the preggers, how ya feelin?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2007, 07:07 AM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are you lovely expectant ladies? HOw are you feeling, are you getting ready yet?
May 7th, 2007, 06:08 PM
azchela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am feeling really good! Now that we have decided on home birth we are starting to get everything together - I am meeting with my midwife on Wednesday this week to go over what I need to buy (birth kit, etc) and transferring all my medical records for this pregnancy over to her.

Other than that I am pretty much ready - we have moved DS into his "big boy" room (he is still in a crib though) so I can use the nursery for the baby and nursing. He or she will sleep with me or in the co-sleeper at first, but I like having a room I can retreat to - I have a fabulous rocker in there that I love to nurse in - gives me privacy and comfort and that priceless time with my baby.

All our gender neutral clothes have been washed and put away - with DS he just wore those kimono shirts for the first couple of weeks anyway.

Physically I am very blessed to have had a great pregnancy so far - I had a great one with DS too. Other than heartburn and the typical hip aches and pains I have no complaints! Just trying to enjoy every moment I have with DS before the baby comes - he is at such an amazing age and while I can't wait to meet his lil bro or sis I am loving this fleeting time with my first baby.

May 7th, 2007, 09:02 PM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I am feeling really good! Now that we have decided on home birth we are starting to get everything together - I am meeting with my midwife on Wednesday this week to go over what I need to buy (birth kit, etc) and transferring all my medical records for this pregnancy over to her.

Other than that I am pretty much ready - we have moved DS into his "big boy" room (he is still in a crib though) so I can use the nursery for the baby and nursing. He or she will sleep with me or in the co-sleeper at first, but I like having a room I can retreat to - I have a fabulous rocker in there that I love to nurse in - gives me privacy and comfort and that priceless time with my baby.

All our gender neutral clothes have been washed and put away - with DS he just wore those kimono shirts for the first couple of weeks anyway.

Physically I am very blessed to have had a great pregnancy so far - I had a great one with DS too. Other than heartburn and the typical hip aches and pains I have no complaints! Just trying to enjoy every moment I have with DS before the baby comes - he is at such an amazing age and while I can't wait to meet his lil bro or sis I am loving this fleeting time with my first baby. [/b]

That all sounds wonderful, I gotta say HBers seem to have better attitudes in general about pg. I don't know if it's b/c we know that it isn't an accident waiting to happen, or we are more in tune, or what, but being able to come to this board while pg saved my life!
May 8th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
doing fine, baby is 18 weeks, im looking forward to losing my sugar aversion, not much else to report.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

May 8th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm feeling great,

I can have my baby any day now,

By the end of the month I will be holding my new little bundle in my arms,
<div align="center"><div align='center'></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"><div align='center'>Loved Missed and never forgotten</div><div align="center">Twins Makayla and Liliana 1st Dec 2004 and "little surprise" Jan 08 </div>

</div>
</div>
May 8th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Doing pretty good at 22 weeks here. Just a little concerned about weight gain. Haven't had very much and don't even look pregnant yet. In fact, my regular jeans are still big on me. With all my other pregnancies, I would have gained 20 lbs by now and been in maternity pants so I am slightly concerned but not tons. Supposed to go in this Friday for a weight check.
The good news is I will be able to have another Homebirth. We were worried for awhile because we didn't think we'd have the money and our homebirthing doctors added a new out-of-pocket fee that we just couldn't afford. I had to start calling around to midwives that deliver in hospital and was really really bummed out about the possibility of a hospital birth. But then I spoke to the Doctor who runs the homebirth practice and he is willing to work out a payment plan with me so all is well again. Yay!

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
May 8th, 2007, 03:41 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I'm feeling pretty good. Not eating as well as I should be, though. I can hear Baby's heartbeat with the fetoscope now, so that's neat. My next visit with the mw is on Saturday.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

May 10th, 2007, 01:47 AM
I'm right at 40 weeks today. This pregnancy was a difficult one (hyperemesis gravidarum for 7.5 months!), but I'm feeling good now, all things considered. Really looking forward to meeting our new daughter, and hoping that my first homebirth goes well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search