Where do you fit on the homebirth scale?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: What's your homebirth experience level?
I'm just checking this idea out 4 10.00%
I'm planning a homebirth for my first baby 5 12.50%
I'm planning my first homebirth, but not for my first baby 9 22.50%
I've had a homebirth once 14 35.00%
I've had more than one homebirth 8 20.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
I'm just wondering how many experienced homebirth mamas are here versus how many first time homebirth mamas are here.

See, now I feel like a real idiot because I made a poll where there's not an answer choice that fits me. That's what happens when you decide to do something like this after 2am! I chose "I've had one homebirth" but really I've had one birth center birth (my second birth; my first birth was in the hospital ). I've ATTENDED many homebirths, but I've never felt that wonderful feeling of knowing I'm in labor and I DON'T HAVE TO GO ANYWHERE. I'm so envious of you ladies who get to do that!!
May 29th, 2007, 05:41 PM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had one HB, will do it again next time, and the next, and the next........are you planning it this time? What has stopped you in th epast?
May 29th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Veteran
I'm the only midwife in the area and I've only been in practice a little over a year. I've lived here 6 years and my second son was born 1.5 hours from here at a birth center (the closest midwife available, but she's not able to travel to where I live).

For my next...I don't know. I'm the only midwife here, but I CANNOT see leaving my house to have a baby!! DH wants a UC but I know too much. We'll see. It's been 2 years and I don't see a baby on the horizon too soon, so I have time to figure that one out!!
May 29th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
one hospital birth, vaginal, no meds
two home waterbirths
planning third home waterbirth

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

May 30th, 2007, 12:20 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
2 hospital births and 2 home waterbirths here. If there are more, we will have them at home.
May 30th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Veteran
I guess I'm pretty high on the scale. I had a homebirth for my first and plan to do the same for future children. I am very thankful that I found a direct-entry midwife who was great. If I hadn't found her, I probably would have had an unassisted birth for my first.

www.choicesoaps.com - Luxury Handmade Soap
-You've never seen soap like this before!-

May 30th, 2007, 08:59 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
just had my first baby UC'd in January
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

May 31st, 2007, 05:02 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had three induced hospital births with epidurals. This will be my first homebirth
June 1st, 2007, 05:02 AM
tim_horton's Avatar Veteran
Had one home birth. Will never give birth again. Should I happen to become pregnant, will be in the hospital with all the pain meds I can possibly get my hands on.
June 1st, 2007, 07:15 AM
First was supposed to be an in-hospital birth center, became a regular hospital birth with all the trimmings.

all future babes will be a UP/UC
June 1st, 2007, 12:53 PM
DahliaMarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to DahliaMarie Send a message via Yahoo to DahliaMarie
I have one child, a planned homebirth turned hospital transfer. All future births will be planned as homebirths.

<div align="center"></div>
June 1st, 2007, 08:03 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
Had one hospital birth...never again unless I'm having an emergency c-section because one of us is dying.
DD was born unassisted at home. All future babies will be uc/up barring complications.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
June 3rd, 2007, 04:43 AM
irishxrose
I lurk here, so I guess maybe I should answer. I have had a hospital birth and it was a horrific experience for me, so I plan on having a homebirth for the next baby.
June 5th, 2007, 09:18 AM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my first two in a freestanding birth center and this last one at home. I would choose home over a birth center ANY DAY!!! I had misgivings initially but I am SOOO happy I chose to do this at home this time around. It was WONDERFUL. Of course, having an awesome ND/Midwife attending made it especially great. My children were there along with my husband (of course) and my mother. It was super all around. The things I thought would be distractions...like cleaning house, the children, etc etc etc actually ended up being strong points to the whole process...and pleasant diversions...not irritating distractions. If we have any more (hopefully) it will definitely be at home.
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
June 5th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Veteran
Quote:
I had my first two in a freestanding birth center and this last one at home. I would choose home over a birth center ANY DAY!!! I had misgivings initially but I am SOOO happy I chose to do this at home this time around. It was WONDERFUL. Of course, having an awesome ND/Midwife attending made it especially great. My children were there along with my husband (of course) and my mother. It was super all around. The things I thought would be distractions...like cleaning house, the children, etc etc etc actually ended up being strong points to the whole process...and pleasant diversions...not irritating distractions. If we have any more (hopefully) it will definitely be at home.[/b]
I am so glad to hear someone say this! I felt the same way after my birth center birth: I would MUCH rather have had the option for a homebirth. So many people/clients say to me "I can't imagine having a home birth, but I might be okay with a birth center." I hope/plan to open a birth center one day, but my secret hope that that a baby is never born in that building because all of the mamas decide to switch to home .

Your baby is so new and sweet! I love your pictures!!
June 6th, 2007, 10:16 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I voted "more than one homebirth" although my last delivery was a stillbirth. So this will be my seventh birth- third homebirth.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 16th, 2007, 03:33 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had my first in hospital....it was a learning experience.

I had my second at home with just DH.

I plan to have a midwife for my next birth. But either way...I will not be in the hospital.

July 2nd, 2007, 10:01 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I'm planning my first home birth. I had two induced hospital births. This time, I want to do it at home and just let my body advance at it's own pace unless the baby or I am in danger.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
July 2nd, 2007, 10:16 AM
bubblesispreggers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to bubblesispreggers
I had my first baby at home with a CPM April 1st '07.

</MARQUEE>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search