New Here!!!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2007, 12:13 PM
home4mygirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi All!!!
Just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Emma and I've just discovered these message boards. I'm so excited! There are tons of other message boards out there, but none that I can really find that deal with home birth. Yippee!! I had my daughter at home with a midwife, and plan on doing the same with the next one. It was a wonderful experience (well, aside from the 5 hours of pushing!) and I can't imagine doing it any other way. My mom was actually a midwife when I was growing up, so that's all I've ever known. I'm excited to meet you all and share stories and experiences.
I took a pregnancy test on Saturday and it came back positive, so here comes the next home birth!!!! Yippee!!
Everyone have a GREAT day!!!
Emma

I have in my signature my website, and I actually did pay to be a siggy sponsor, but it isn't showing up next to my name! I don't want to get flagged for abuse, is there something else I need to do??
Emma

Quote:
Hi All!!!
Just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Emma and I've just discovered these message boards. I'm so excited! There are tons of other message boards out there, but none that I can really find that deal with home birth. Yippee!! I had my daughter at home with a midwife, and plan on doing the same with the next one. It was a wonderful experience (well, aside from the 5 hours of pushing!) and I can't imagine doing it any other way. My mom was actually a midwife when I was growing up, so that's all I've ever known. I'm excited to meet you all and share stories and experiences.
I took a pregnancy test on Saturday and it came back positive, so here comes the next home birth!!!! Yippee!!
Everyone have a GREAT day!!!
Emma[/b]

"We do not choose to be born. We do not choose our parents, or the country of our birth. We do not, most of us, choose to die; nor do we choose the time and conditions of our death. But within this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we live." Joseph Epstein
June 19th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
Hi and WELCOME! Congrats on your new little one. I'd love to hear more about your mom being a midwife. I always worry that I'm going to ruin my kids for life, being a midwife. So many midwives children seem to be maladjusted, ya know? It's nice to hear from one who grew and has a family and is relatively normal ;-)!!

I can't help with the siggy question. Maybe you should e-mail the admin?
June 21st, 2007, 11:09 AM
home4mygirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! I love this board! I've been lurking for a little bit, and finally decided to join. Got the siggy figured out, guess I need to update the TTC #2 right?? lol....
I LOVED my mom being a midwife! When I was little, it was just what I was used to and I didn't know any different, but then as I got older, I realized it was a bit out of the mainstream. I thought it was SO NEAT that my mom got to go be present at the births of babies, plus, then I got to see them at the six week checkups, and sometimes, go with her to the births!
She's actually retired now because she said she was getting too old to be running around in a snowstorm at 2 in the morning! I threatened to make her come out of retirement when I got pregnant with Trinity, but she said she didn't want to deliver her, just to be there with me as a support. She said she was too personally involved to be able to be impartial enough to make the hard decision if it needed to be made. So that's the way we did it. She was there when Trinity was born and will be there when this one arrives too. The only bad thing was that we never knew when the next phone call was going to come....birthdays, christmas, etc. But, all things considered, she (and you, and all midwives) are providing SUCH an amazing service to people like me who don't want to go to hospitals (hello, they are for SICK people, and last time I checked, pregnancy isn't a sickness). What better gift could you give your children than the knowledge that life is so precious that you are willing to drop everything and go help a new one come into the world?? I can't think of one. I consider myself a million times blessed to be raised by one of the few!
Thanks for the welcome and I'm so thrilled to be here!!
Emma

"We do not choose to be born. We do not choose our parents, or the country of our birth. We do not, most of us, choose to die; nor do we choose the time and conditions of our death. But within this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we live." Joseph Epstein

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search