Frustrating

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2007, 07:12 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
#12 is on the way
June 25th, 2007, 02:49 PM
azchela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I have gotten some negative reactions too.... I try not to even mention it around strangers (I am a work at home mom so i don't really interact with that many people every day).

My mom was tough to convince and she is still demanding to be here during labor and birth (she won't be but I am unwilling to muster the energy to have the fight with her). The last thing I need here is a person who doubts my decision!

I am lucky to be part of a strong home birth/natural birth community - there are at least 3-4 other moms in my prenatal yoga classes who are homebirthers and a very good friend of mine just had a great homebirth in May so she is constantly telling me I can do it and it's the right decision.

I know it's hard not to punch people who make rude comments (about birth plans, our belly size, whatever)...hang in there mama!!!

June 26th, 2007, 05:06 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I avoid talking about it with strangers, too. Homebirth is a little more "typical" up here where so many people live far away from hospitals. If I were to plan a hosptial birth, the nearest L&D ward would be a 45 mile drive for me!

When I realized I was in labor with #5, I was excited enough that I called my mom right away. She knew I had been seeing a mw and planning a homebirth, but she still (even at the last moment) asked if I was going to the hospital. With #6, especially under the circumstances, I didn't call her until after the delivery was complete. I don't plan to call until after baby is born this time. Part of why I birth at home is so that I don't have to defend myself and my choices at the hospital... why put up with that at home too?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 26th, 2007, 07:13 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I know what you mean.....I don't discuss it with strangers, really. LOL These people who are being negative are people who already know I homebirth. Yes, my mailman knows and so does the cashier at the grocery store. I've known them both for years. Now I am getting "how are you going to have a home birth in August with no AC??" I just am..period. Theres the shower and I have plenty of fans. To me no AC is no reason to head to the hospital!!

You'd just think people would give up already...I'm on my third homebirth now and have no intention of returning to giving birth in a hospital!
#12 is on the way
June 26th, 2007, 07:55 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
The A/C is their most compelling reason in favor of a hospital? Heck.... in that case maybe you should go to a hotel! It would be cheaper, and I bet the food and room service would be a lot better! LOL!

We have no A/C either, but somehow I'm just not convinced that I should reevaluate our plans. Oh, people are so funny! (But at the same time, it isn't funny...)

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search