Decided on homebirth

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2007, 07:09 PM
home4mygirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay!!! Good for you! It's so important to do what you're comfortable with - it will make your labor and birth so much more relaxed and effective. If you're constantly worrying while you're in labor or somewhere or with someone you're not entirely comfortable with, it will be sooo much harder.
Oh, and on the water breaking thing - mine broke Saturday morning and I didn't have Trinity until Wednesday at 5:30 am. So, no worries, you just have to keep clean and no baths.
Good luck!!

"We do not choose to be born. We do not choose our parents, or the country of our birth. We do not, most of us, choose to die; nor do we choose the time and conditions of our death. But within this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we live." Joseph Epstein
July 12th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Veteran
I love what you wrote Anita. I agree that homebirth is the best way to start a new life. Your child's birth is something you will never forget, and it always saddens me when women live with regrets over their birth decisions.

www.choicesoaps.com - Luxury Handmade Soap
-You've never seen soap like this before!-

July 12th, 2007, 10:58 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

July 16th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
YAY! I'm so glad this is resolved for you. I do hope your insurance will pay, but I agree that a good birth experience is worth that price. Keep us updated as things progress for you .
July 22nd, 2007, 09:44 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There is nothing like a good and safe and simple birth for you baby! By protecting your child from the strange birthing practices of the hospital you are doing him/her a favor! It is a great start! It is the BEST start for most women and babies! Congrat's!

July 27th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Alison88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Alison88
Good for you on making the best decision for your family. Dh and I are ttc #2 and I am trying to get him to agree on a home birth for #2 because the trip to the hospital with dd was completely pointless and there is nothing that I could not have done at home. Plus I would avoid the car ride home and I use midwives so they come to me.

Best of luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search