Time to 'fess up!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
I'm pregnant, in case you haven't seen my new siggie yet. We were TTC for two years, but had started looking into adoption, so I'm a little suprised.

I feel like a traitor because right now I'm seeing an OB because of my history of recurrent miscarriages, and there's a possibility that I have a clotting disorder that causes those miscarriages. If that's the case, I have to have a hosptial birth, I think. I'll definitely be seeking multiple opinions on that, if it comes to it, though.

I saw the OB on Monday and told him in no uncertain terms that if everything is found to be normal, I'll be having a homebirth with a midwife and he didn't freak out, which is great. I just hope he doesn't try to come up with some reason to make me have a hospital birth, ya know? I'm smart enough not to fall for that kind of stuff, and I trust this doctor, so I'm hoping it won't end up that way.

So, just be thinking of me. Even the smallest little possibility of having to have my baby in the hospital is making me a nervous wreck. I had to just let go of it and decide to be happy with my pregnancy and cross the birth plans bridge when the bloodwork comes back.
July 18th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
ill be thinking of you. im glad you were straight up with the doc, and I hope he is truthful with you all the way though.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

July 18th, 2007, 11:44 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Congrats on Baby #3!!!! Hoping all works out for you and in the end you have a satisfying birth experience!
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
July 18th, 2007, 04:45 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Congratulations!!

Keep us updated (I know you will) and hopefully your doc will "play fair". It isn't at all traitorous to see an OB if you suspect possible complications, you know... But I do hope it works out for you to still birth at home!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 19th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Super Mommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy! The most important this is to take care of your health and the health of your baby. I do hope you get your home birth though!

July 22nd, 2007, 09:39 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your NOT a traitor! But I know how you feel!

I am still over the moon for you and Jason and the kids! And you and I both know that no matter where you give birth...You will be one rockin' birthin' mama!

July 27th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Alison88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Alison88
Not sure what the policies are in the US as I live in Canada...but my midwives has privledges at several hospitals in the area and even though I have ben saying that my trip to the hospital with dd was pointless, at least when I was there, they were the only ones with me other than family. I never saw a Dr or a nurse unless I was wandering the halls.

So although I am hoping you can have your homebirth like you want, if you can keep interaction with the hospital staff to a minimum, maybe it won't be that bad. But again like I said, I am in Canada so I have not idea what US policies are.

July 30th, 2007, 08:57 PM
lblackst's Avatar Super Mommy
my sister in law was going to have a home birth. then her son was born 7 weeks early. she still asked for a midwife at the hospital and a midwife delivered her son.

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Verdana">“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” </div></span>
August 1st, 2007, 07:27 AM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
Unfortunately there are no hospital midwives in this area, AT ALL, even if I wanted to drive . It was looking good for homebirth for a week or so, but they got the rest of my bloodwork in yesterday and found something wrong. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet and will have more answers after my appointment this afternoon.
August 6th, 2007, 05:51 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is all going to work out just the way it should. You know I am rooting for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search