just don't think i can go through with it

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2007, 02:18 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
the more i think about the cesarean..i just can't do it. im so scared. i am scared to get that needle in my back again, im scared of the whole procedue..i don't have a good feeling about it all, i just really really don't. i don't think i can go through with this.....ugh i have another 6 months to breeeeeeath and decide how im going to handle this...cause i just don't feel this IS the best way for me and baby...
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
July 24th, 2007, 04:50 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hold on to that gut feeling and use it! No one should spend their entire pregnancy with the kind of dread that you have now, it should be a great thing. You have every one of us supporting you, you can do a natural birth!!! I don't know what her situation is like right now with the internet but have you tried PMing HarvestGal? She was in China and the docs there were trying to force her into a c-section. She ended up going unassisted, and had a wonderful birth. She could probably provide a lot of BTDT support and advice for you! ((hugs)) you can do it!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

July 24th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
You can absolutely have a vaginal birth. Like Steph said, take that feeling and USE IT. Do your reading, do some research, find out what you can do to have your baby your way. I am driving over 18 hours to Arizona in the fall and will possibly stay there for more than a month for a client who couldn't find a local midwife to attend her and didn't want an unassited birth. There are options out there for women who feel like there aren't any...they aren't always the best or the cheapest or the easiest, but "where there's a will, there's a way."

We're here for you every step of the way. If you don't want to go through with that c-section, you don't have to!
August 8th, 2007, 06:48 AM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
Hon, I have to tell you, I was SOOO sad to read your previous thread - I started at the bottom of the homebirth thread page and worked my way up, so I read THAT thread first, and BAWLED my eyes out to hear your upset and heart's cry! I am SO encouraged to hear you staking claim of your body and birth, making the difficultly honest statement that you DON'T WANT IT!

Lala posted in the other thread about legality and cesarean's. You know that they CANNOT force another cesarean on you. You don't need to lie to get a vaginal birth either!!! It is not an easy battle, but you CAN win. Call ICAN and get ahold of the nearest support person for you. Perhaps she would even attend your birth to help be your advocate??? Legally, they cannot get a court order to force you to have a cesarean. If there is no medically indicative reason except previous Cs, they cannot make you go under the knife.

If they schedule you for a cesarean, just don't show up. Go in when you are heavy into labor and refuse the cesarean then. OR, choose a homebirth with a good support circle, either unassisted or with a low-cost midwife. If you do unassisted and are worried about the 'what ifs' consider having a doula there who would be able to identify any complications in enough time to finish at the hospital. There are so many options for you.

Remember this empowering thought: God did not make your body a lemon!!! You CAN have a baby through your own bodies power, you DO have choices, and you CAN choose to fight this! It is a hard battle but a worthy one!!!

Let me know if I can be of help to you, feel free to pm me or go to my blog and get my email off of it!

Bellies & Babies Blogger
August 11th, 2007, 11:56 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
unfortunately even the ICAN leader here said im SOL in vegas, and NOTHING is near close by enough to go outside of our city.

she was very honest and told me that after 2 cesareans, it's impossible to find a doc that will do it.

this is why i take a hard stance on knowing your options and choices before having even your first child! be educated. if women were more educated from before even getting pregnant, or while pregnant, they could prepare better. there are definitely medical emergencies that really do call for cesareans, but that's why they SHOULD be there, for emergencies, real ones, not as a fluke or a second choice..and sometimes even your forced first choice...but used as a way to save lives, instead of putting them in more danger.
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
August 18th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mikeys_mommy1_2006
Quote:
the more i think about the cesarean..i just can't do it. im so scared. i am scared to get that needle in my back again, im scared of the whole procedue..i don't have a good feeling about it all, i just really really don't. i don't think i can go through with this.....ugh i have another 6 months to breeeeeeath and decide how im going to handle this...cause i just don't feel this IS the best way for me and baby...[/b]
I understand were you are coming from. I had a c-section w/my son. I'm playing a homebirth v-bac w/my second. I can't imagine having to go through that again. I cryed so hard when they told me i was going to have a c-section. It's was horrible. When we got in the operating room my husband was crying w/me cause, I was so upset. So keep us in your prayers! I will be praying for ya'll. Congratulations on the baby! Go to the birth center births 6wks ago story it was the best i've read!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search