Wish us luck!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Tonight Dh, the girls and I are meeting with a midwife in our area that does homebirths. We are just going to talk about our options, DH's concerns, and see if we mesh with the midwife. I actually met someone through a Homebirth meetup group yesterday who used this midwife back in March, and she had nothing but wonderful things to say. Wish us luck!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 7th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Best of luck! I hope the meeting goes well!
August 8th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
It all went really well.

Its a team of two midwives. They have an incredibly low transfer rate, only 1 or 2 a year being emergencies. (I think there rate is about 6% for non emergencies, like first time moms who change their mind, or are having a long labor, but for true emergencies, its less than 1%). They do a lot of PP care, coming 3 times within the first week, then once a week till a month, then again at 6 weeks. They do all the infant checks too, so no need to take three kids out to the pediatrician that first month or two! (How great does that sound!). They have been doing homebirths for years and years, both had their children at home... both are CNMs, liscenced, no malpractice suits against them, etc. One of them has a teenage daughter that will come (if we want) and take care of my kids during labor, how nice does that sound! I want my kids to be there, but I also don't want to feel like I'm neglecting them during labor. I really love everything they spoke about and we got along well. They have a biller on staff who will work with my insurance company and they have worked with my particular company before and have received payment, so I know that we will get some assistance. Once we get our new insurance policy I'm going to email them the info, and we'll set up my first appointment around 10 1/2 weeks.

Paul is ok with the idea, but he's kinda in the mindset of "babies are supposed to be born in hospitals" and "we pay all this money in health insurance, why would we go out of network", but he has said that if this is what I want, he'll support me. He trusts me. I've been showing him all these studies about how homebirths are truly safe and he's coming around. (Also I don't think he wants to argue with a pregnant woman!) LOL, I married a smart man!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 12th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh that is such a huge stress relief I"m sure.. and having a good story from someone else makes you feel even more confident. It is so awesome when you finally get a midwife you click with and feel comfortable with (we have been searching for about a year or more as we prepare)

August 15th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
See, I KNEW there was a reason I wanted a girl !! How great to have a midwife with a daughter who is willing to help!! I know a lot of my clients struggle with the child care thing right up until the end. It'd be great to have it solved at the very beginning and not worry about it anymore!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search