would you consider this a complication

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I called and made an appointment for an interview today. She asked me if I had any complications with my last pregnancy and I said no. Well after thinking about it I might have?!?!

Let me explain...

My water started leaking just a little when I would be sitting for a while then stand up at 8:30 pm on May 14th. I had no contractions until 6:30 am, they were not to regular yet and just a little painful. I woke up dry but as soon as I stood up I had a little more leak out. I called the doctor and went in at 9:45 am. She tested the liquid and it was my water. So she sent me to the hospital to induce me. She said she just wanted to be sure the baby would be born with in 24 hours from when I started leaking in case of infection.

So I got to the hospital at 11:30 am. They hooked me up to the contraction reader. At 2 pm when my doctor came in she said wow the pitocin is working good. My contractions were pretty regular and getting painful. But I did not get pitocin yet. That was my body doing it itself. She ordered them to give it to me to help speed it up. My water broke and ALOT came out soon after that. But it did break on its own (well I guess the pitocin helped).

so my daughter was born 24 hours and 30 minutes after I started leaking (but I was barely leaking)

Anyways since my body was doing good (my doctor even thought I already had pitocin) do you think this would be considered a complication???

I am going to tell the midwife no matter what, I am just curious if you ladies think it will mean she doesn't want to take a risk with me???

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

August 11th, 2007, 02:55 PM
bubblesispreggers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to bubblesispreggers
Quote:
I would not consider that a complication at all. It was probably not necessary for the inducement - this 24 hour number is very arbitrary. I am sure your midwife would agree.[/b]

ditto.

I highly doubt your induction was warranted. Many women go days upon days with their water broken and the babies come out just fine. That is definitely not a complication at all.

</MARQUEE>
August 11th, 2007, 05:27 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
My last homebirth my water broke at 7am and my daughter was not born until the next evening at 6pm. I didn't even have a contraction until noon the next day!! So my water was broke almost 36 hours. I wouldn't consider that a complication and agree with the ladies above...I am betting your MW won't either.
#12 is on the way
August 11th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
thanks so much, you ladies make me feel tons better

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search