My baby is here, but not the way I planned.....

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2007, 12:30 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Isaiaah was born 8/12 at 7:08 am by EMERGENCY C-SECTION!!! So not the home birth I planned. I woke up around 3 am and thought my wtaer broke, when I got to the bathroom and got the light on I realized I was gushing blood.
I knew the placenta was pulling away. I wasn't feeling the baby move. I callled my MW and she rushed over. Thankfully we found heart tones immediately but I knew we had to go to the hospital.

The MW and I set out for the hospital and were in the ER by 3:30-4am.

Of course even though I am bleeding everywhere the reg clerk wants me to fill out paperwork first.

Finally I got back to L&D triage where they hooked me to monitors got the babys hb and did an u/s where we could actually see the placental abruption. Zay's heart rate went up into the 190's and wouldn't come down, no matter the position, oxygen..... I was still bleeding heavily and there was a big clot in front of Zays head against the cervix. My water broke and I was having contrax right on top of each other. They gave me something to relax the uterus and I went to OR.

Luckily his hb went down a little into the 170's, so I was able to get a spinal and not be knocked out. He had the cord around his neck "twice and tightly". He is very healthy though and weighed in at 9lbs 6 oz and 20 3/4". My MW was with me the whole time!

His full name is Isaiaah Joseph and he is beautiful. The kids all LOVE him.

I am home because I checked out AMA (which is another story I'll tell you later). Lets just say there were incident forms filled out against the social worker by myself AND the doctor!
I am tired and sore. Zay is breastfeeding very well. Yay!!!

I promise pics soon.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
August 13th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
congratulations, and I am so glad that you and the midwife were in agreement that transport was necessary. I am sure you are disappointed that your homebirth didn't occur, but so thankful to have known something was wrong and worked quickly! I am glad you are both healthy!!!

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

August 14th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, Congratulations on Izaiaah! Glad he got here safe and sound and that you and the kids are enjoying getting to know him!

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
August 14th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
Oh my Goodness!! I really hate when you're at the hospital for AN EMERGENCY and they still put you through all that paperwork crap...how frustrating!!

I know it isn't how you'd planned it, but you most certainly don't have any reason to wonder if you had a necessary c-section and I'm glad to hear you had the support of your midwife through the entire ordeal. (((HUGS)))
August 15th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mikeys_mommy1_2006
I'm glad you and the baby are doing well! I bet he's beautiful!

</div>
August 18th, 2007, 09:45 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad to hear everythign is ok. But I also love that htis is proof that even when you face a worst case scenario with a planned homebirth, that transporting & a solution are within reach - about no different than if youd planned a hospital birth! What.. 5 extra minutes for paperworK? And really - not even that considering they were probably using that time to prep for the section.

(((hugs)))

You are a strong woman, I'm so glad that all is well & baby is doing good. How are you feeling about the outcome?

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 28th, 2007, 08:24 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
It took me a few weeks to come back in here, I was feeling really disappointed over the outcome of the birth. I almost feel cheated out of this wonderful birth I had pictured in my head. I did so much preparing and had everything just the way I imagined. Even a hospital vaginal birth would have been better, I feel robbed of my birth exerience by the csection. *sigh*...but I'll live and the baby is healthy and thats the most important thing!

Theres always next time.....even though the OB said right before she did the section.."Now that this is two csections you'll always have to have a csection from now on." LOL...sure lady!

It took me a few weeks to come back in here, I was feeling really disappointed over the outcome of the birth. I almost feel cheated out of this wonderful birth I had pictured in my head. I did so much preparing and had everything just the way I imagined. Even a hospital vaginal birth would have been better, I feel robbed of my birth exerience by the csection. *sigh*...but I'll live and the baby is healthy and thats the most important thing!

Theres always next time.....even though the OB said right before she did the section.."Now that this is two csections you'll always have to have a csection from now on." LOL...sure lady!
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
September 8th, 2007, 02:47 PM
4boys
Birth just doesn't turn out sometimes the way we expect! But he is BEAUTIFUL and I'm glad you are both doing well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search