Popping in from March DDC

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a question for you ladies, what do you recommend? My husband and I are expecting our 3rd baby in March. We have 2 DD's together and i have 1 DS. Our first DD we wanted to have a home birth but i when i started labouring i was too exhausted to handle it at home so went to the hospital. My second DD we decided not to have a homebirth because we were afraid of the same thing happening. We ended up getting to the hospital 15 minutes before she was born, lucky, it was close. I ended up staying in the hospital for two days because i had a problem with clotting after the placenta was born. Now we have moved 1/2 hour out of town, so that is about 30-40 minutes away from the hospital. I am afraid that if we don't do a homebirth, we may end up giving birth on the side of the road on the way. But if i do i run the risk of having the same problem with clotting because i have adenomyosis, which doesn't help the situation when it's time to give birth. What do you girls think? I have a midwife but am having trouble deciding, i do have lots of time but i will need to make a final decision.

Jess
August 20th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Super Mommy
Hello and welcome.
I don't know anything about your condition, but talk to your midwife. If she doesn't feel like you're a good candidate for a homebirth she'll let you know. Good luck!

August 21st, 2007, 12:45 AM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would shoot for a homebirth (obviously, but hear me out here) even with the clotting problem. If you are at home and have a problem with clotting you can try tinctures, teas, herbs, even a bit of placenta under the tongue (gross but effective). And since you have a midwife there will probably be about the same options as there would be in a hospital.
Good luck and have a happy healthy 9 months!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search