first appointment with my mw

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
My first appointment is Sept. 4th. I am nervous. Is it just like the regular 1st appointments you do with a doctor or will it be differant?

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

August 24th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
The first time I met with my midwives (there are two) it was kinda just a meet and greet. We asked questions, I brought my whole family (DH and the kids), so everyone got to know eachother. We don't have our first prenatal till sometime in September.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 24th, 2007, 11:40 AM
ya I already did my meet and greet and asked tons of questions

my first prenatal is coming up though, and I am not sure what to expect

August 24th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Oh lol, sorry, I thought I had remembered you having your meet and greet, I obviously posted that too early in the morning, sorry again!

Anyways, I haven't had my first prenatal, but from everyone I've talked to, plan on spending about an hour, midwives take their time!!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 24th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Oh lol, sorry, I thought I had remembered you having your meet and greet, I obviously posted that too early in the morning, sorry again!

Anyways, I haven't had my first prenatal, but from everyone I've talked to, plan on spending about an hour, midwives take their time!!![/b]
lol

I am so excited about having a midwife because they do take there time. With my OB I was in and out in like 5 minutes. I hated that so much

August 24th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Super Mommy
At my first appointment with my midwife she took my weight, blood pressure, did a urine check and we talked about my previous pregnancy, birth experience, family history, how I was feeling etc. I don't know exactly how that compares to a first appointment with an OB because I've never had and OB prenatal appointment, but the whole thing took about an hour. Hope it works out great!
Gina

August 24th, 2007, 10:37 PM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All my prenatal appt's were pretty much the same...lotsa talkin'...LOVE THAT PART, midwife feels baby from the OUTSIDE (I've never had internals at any point in prenatals or during labor), she listens for heart beat with doppler (if it's time to be hearing one), checks mommas blood pressure, urine dipstick...and I think that's all. The first prenatal they'll probably give you a notebook or something similar with all the tests/etc. offered to mommas and explanations of each one so that you can read and make an educated decision about which, if ANY, you decide to do when the time comes. You'll have to sign some here in WA saying that you read and refused, if in fact you refuse it. I didn't do any of the testing EXCEPT GD because I was borderline with my last two. Anyhow...it's all very friendly talky talky time usually for every appt. I always looked forward to all of mine and became quite bonded to my midwife in the process. I think of her more like a friend...
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
August 25th, 2007, 10:12 AM
awesome

thanks ladies, I am so excited

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search