question about pressure in late pregnancy

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
Hello to you midwives, doulas, and experts. I have an odd question.

When pregnant with my second, she dropped about 38 weeks, and I felt a lot of pressure till the birth.
When pregnant with my third, she engaged at 0 station at about 30 weeks, and I felt a lot of pressure till the birth.

This baby engaged at +1 about 2 weeks ago, and I am 50% effaced. I asked to be checked, since he ws at +1, and I felt like I was effacing some, to know to put myself on some limited activity. My midwife also put me on pelvic rest.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store and the fabric store. I was on my feet for about 2 hours. Later in the evening, I was in the bathrub with my younger 2 daughters, and my body started bearing down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think he dropped to +2 for a little while? I am better today, after laying down for the evening and all night last night.

That bearing down feeling was about the wierdest thing I have ever felt. It was different that the usual baby falling out/bowling ball between my legs feeling. I literally had to concentrate on relaxing my pelvic muscles so I wouldnt push.

Any feedback?

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

September 4th, 2007, 03:14 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I don't have any experience or advice to share. Have you had a chance to talk to your midwife? Has it happened again?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

September 4th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
I talked to my midwife who verbally patted me on my little head and said taht I must be imaging thingsw since I was in the bathtub with the girls and that's where i had my last baby, and she mentioned that sometimes she feels baby movement when she's not pregnant, etc. I dont think she really listened to me.

I assume that my interpretation is correct, and Im just going to make sure I am not out shopping except for quick trips between now and 37 weeks. I do think taht pressure of being on my feet for several hours did move him down some.. it just makes sense. It doesnt mean hes going to stay down at +2, but I dont think its put of the realm of possibility that he went there for a while.

September 5th, 2007, 11:47 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I'm sorry she was patronizing with you. I think in your case I would definitely take it very careful the next few weeks. I hope that everything goes well.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

September 5th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Frelle, YES!!! I have had this in my last 2 pregnancies. I would get it right after I was done peeing and right as I would get out of bed in the morning. It was never that overwhelming no stopping it kind of bearing down, but definetly reminisent of those first few full dilation grunts. My 8th baby came early just shy of 37 weeks, and I worked very hard at keeping my 9th baby tucked up tight from about 34 weeks on. (he was born at nearly 39 weeks!) I was never checked for dilation/effacement or station, but I'm sure I was doing all of the above pretty early. I'm sorry your midwife was like that to you. You probably should clear the air about that one before birthday rolls around.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
September 7th, 2007, 03:29 PM
thanks to all of you for your comments. Its happened a few more times, and I just ahve to lay down and do some kegels and actually concentrate on relaxing my pelvic floor muscles. I cant be on my feet very long at all or it happens again. Like today, I sat during msot of homeschool co-op, and even during most of the time we were at the park afterward... but it was enough being on my feet to make those sensations come again.

I will mention it again at my next appointment, and remind her that she also didnt take me seriously when I was in labor with my last child, and she missed the birth because of it. She knows I know my body, and that I am super sensitive to sensations in my body. I can tell when I ahve effaced more, I felt implantation with my third child, I feel baby movement starting around 10-11 weeks each time.. Im really tuned in for some reason. So I am pretty confident in what I feel now. Thanks Lisa esp for knowing what sensation Im talking about!! No one else on any other board I visit seems to understand this sensation, validation is important to a mama! *HUG*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search