How are all of our expectant moms feeling?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2007, 09:07 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is everyone? We have several that are REALLY close now!

Has anyone heard from AnitaGupta or JHMomofMany? They were both due in September, and I haven't seen them check in here in a while...

I'm doing well - hard to believe I have just under two months left to go! I'm really tired, but otherwise no complaints here. I'm already looking ahead to November and trying to decide whether to try some natural induction methods (no guarantees there, of course) or just patiently wait for Amelia to come on her own...I'm already to eager to meet her.
October 7th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
i ahve just under 20 minutes till my due date. In four pregnancies, I have never gotten to my due date, always go early. Its uncharted territory for me, and Im trying to not get wierded out.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

October 7th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Well, happy due date, Jeni!! I know it must be strange for you...it was so hard to see my due date come and go with Rachael. But who knows - maybe your little guy will be one of the few that come ON his due date! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
October 8th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I'm feeling pretty good. I have evening sickness which is new for me. I have a bit of energy which is also new for me. I feel like I have forever to go (I'm 5 weeks now), but I know all too well that goes by fast.

If you want to read a kind of gross but amusing story about what a throwing up homeschooling mom did, go read my blog post for today (link in my siggy).

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

October 8th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel ready to have my baby!

October 8th, 2007, 03:55 PM
LOL!! What a great blog post, Heather!!

Alison, I bet you do! Not much longer....
October 8th, 2007, 09:15 PM
4boys
Well I am 13 weeks 5 days....and I am measuring much larger than my dates. My midwife has ordered me an early ultrasound to check for twins but I don't yet know when it'll be since they haven't called to tell me yet. So if I am indeed pregnant with twins, my home birth plans will be over. I'll have to be monitored by a doctor on top of my midwifery care and I'll have to have a hospital birth with said doctor involved. So right now I am just waiting to find out and my home birth plans/research are on hold for now. But otherwise I am feeling good other than still being very tired. Once I've had my u/s I'll let you know whether or not I'll stay on the due date list on this board!

Jhmomofmany has posted a little on the SAHM board where she is a co-host but she hasn't been around nearly as much since having Mary, which of course is understandable.
October 9th, 2007, 05:18 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I'm almost 15 weeks pregnant now and doing well. I have my second appointment with my midwives today, so thats kinda exciting. I always enjoy seeing them and gabbing. We really haven't shared our news of planning a homebirth with too many people yet, my MIL knows and her response wasn't all that supportive, so I'm waiting on telling everyone else.

Other than that, I'm feeling well as can be with chasing around Lily and Julia all day!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 9th, 2007, 12:25 PM
dzt66's Avatar Super Mommy
Exactly one week until my due date. I also have a burst of energy that seems weird to me. I take my girls out and do something every day. Maybe it is me realizing that I won't be able to do that soon. Yesterday we went to the mall and they played in the play area and we walked around (trying to get things started!). Today we walked to the park, but it was miserably hot and I won't do that again! Today and yesterday i went to Wally World and I HATE going there.

Alison, how are you feeling being past due? I am not overdue yet (I was with both of my girls) but I am so anxious and praying to God I don't go over again!

Proud mommy to Kourtney Lauren (10/01/03), McKenna Grace (07/11/05), and Blake Matthew (10/21/07)

My Family Blog
October 9th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
ive moved on to the freaking out stage of being overdue. Im 5 days past my longest gestation ever, and baby was palpated at 9 1/2 lbs last Friday. My body is showing me new signs of late pregnancy miserable, and my family and I are ready to kill each other from the anxiety of when baby is coming. Ive never even read up on herbal induction methods because Ive never seen my due date, let alone gone past it. I have tried everything I am comfortable with doing to bring on labor, so now I put my feet up and wait. Clearly he is not ready, and I just have to deal with it. Im a wreck, and nobody understands because people go 1, 2, even 3 weeks late. But for me, this is terrifying, and with each passing day I freak out more. I dont expect anyone who homebirths to understand, but I thought Id share anyway.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

October 9th, 2007, 10:48 PM
4boys
I went 16 days over with my last son before I got induced. And I wasn't even dilated AT ALL when I finally went in. I know how much torture it can be. Nothing I could say is really helpful at this point. I honestly began thinking that I would be pregnant forever. But you know you are having a big healthy boy! Maybe that is a little bit?? of consolation? Probably not! I know how it is!
October 9th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jeni I know how you feel All my previous labors were induced either early or on my due date so going past my due date is a whole new thing for me. Strangely, the longer I go with no baby the more relaxed I feel about it. I am trying to remain hopeful that this little one will decide to come on his/her own and soon. I hope your baby declares a birthday soon, too!

October 10th, 2007, 08:37 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just starting to have complaints, up until now I've felt fabulous. Now my joints are all feeling sore by the end of the day. We found out yesterday that we're having a boy, I was totally shocked - I thought girl for sure! But it doesn't really matter this time, we've got 2 and 2 - this baby is the tie breaker.

October 10th, 2007, 09:41 PM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
i'm ok.....just tired tired tired! i guess chasing a 10 month old will do that to you!

Survivor Mom - My Blog

October 13th, 2007, 08:43 PM
4boys
Well we found out yesterday that we aren't having twins -- there is just one healthy little BOY in there!! So we are excited about that. My home birth plans can continue as planned! Yay!
October 14th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Ooh, two little boys on the way - off to update the due date list. Glad everyone is doing well, for the most part. I know the waiting is so hard!
October 15th, 2007, 07:32 AM
JerseyJess's Avatar Super Mommy
Just about 7wks left for me. I'm NOT ready! Time is really flying by. I feel ok, lots of lower abdominal muscle cramping (ligament not uterine) this time around which has really hampered my activity level. Now I'm just really tired and having some shortness of breath (actually I hyperventilated yesterday-first time in my life! Which is amazing since I've been asthmatic since age 8) I'm having my belly casted on Nov 1-should be fun.
Tabbitha Eve-7
Tyler Anthony-3
Jackson Bryce born 11/30! 7lbs 12oz/ 21.5in

<span style="color:#9932CC">“If you don’t know your options, you don’t have any.”-Diane Korte and Roberta Scaer

“Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” Jeannine Parvati Baker

“Anything I’ve ever done that ultimately was worthwhile…initially scared me to death.” Betty Bender

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search