How many people were there / will there be...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2007, 08:51 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
...at your home birth?

My current plan is to have just myself, DH, and my two midwives. Although now, one midwife is asking if she can bring along a certifying doula to "be an extra pair of hands". I'm just not sure... As a certifying doula myself, I hate to say no. But at the same time, I'll only be able to meet her *once* before my birth, and I'm just not sure I'm comfortable with that. I'm already having to plot to keep my mom away, and have one friend practically begging to be here to help...and I just don't want a full house. So, as it stands now, 4-5 people. I'd really rather it just be me, DH and one midwife. *sigh*
October 15th, 2007, 12:37 AM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had planned on it just being myself, my husband, and my best friend. But in the end it was just me and my mom. Still it was a great birth and next time I will plan for just DH and I.
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

October 15th, 2007, 06:27 AM
JerseyJess's Avatar Super Mommy
Well there's my 4 kids-and my mom and bestfriend to care for them during the birth. Then there's the midwife, her assistant, my two doulas (who are actually close friends and biz partners) and of course dh. But the only ones that will be IN the room with me are probably dh, midwife and one doula.
Tabbitha Eve-7
Tyler Anthony-3
Jackson Bryce born 11/30! 7lbs 12oz/ 21.5in

<span style="color:#9932CC">“If you don’t know your options, you don’t have any.”-Diane Korte and Roberta Scaer

“Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” Jeannine Parvati Baker

“Anything I’ve ever done that ultimately was worthwhile…initially scared me to death.” Betty Bender
October 15th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
It will definitely be DH, my two midwives, and my best friend. I'm not sure about the kids yet, who will be taking care of them or whatnot.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 15th, 2007, 08:24 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With our first homebirth, there was DH, midwife, and my SIL.

With our second, there was DH, midwife, my SIL, and my sister.

This time I'd like it to just be me, DH, and midwife. That's it.
October 15th, 2007, 09:07 AM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
with kaylynn i had kevin, the midwife, asst midwife, my mom and some of my sisters were in and out. this time i wil have the midwife and asst midwife, my mom, 2 friends, and i'm sure my sisters will be in and out again. kevin will be in iraq so he won't be there with me!!

Survivor Mom - My Blog

October 15th, 2007, 10:25 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was:

Me & DH (of course)
MW & her Asst
My doula
My cousin (to tend to my son with a dual role as photographer lol)
My friend who is a chiro (to video)
My chiro friend's intern

Really, sounds like a lot - 2 other friends were "supposed" to be there, with me reserving the option to kick them all out if need be

but - the extra set of hands definitely came in handy - I had only a 4 1/2 hour labor and a lot of peopel were kept busy by the midwife doing things (boiling herbs, fixing cold packs, hot packs, someone making a meal, you name it).
The intern, I didnt even notice her, she was a wallflower the whole time - just sat against the wall taking notes lol.

Lala...

It was:

Me & DH (of course)
MW & her Asst
My doula
My cousin (to tend to my son with a dual role as photographer lol)
My friend who is a chiro (to video)
My chiro friend's intern
My son

Really, sounds like a lot - 2 other friends were "supposed" to be there, with me reserving the option to kick them all out if need be

but - the extra set of hands definitely came in handy - I had only a 4 1/2 hour labor and a lot of peopel were kept busy by the midwife doing things (boiling herbs, fixing cold packs, hot packs, someone making a meal, you name it).
The intern, I didnt even notice her, she was a wallflower the whole time - just sat against the wall taking notes lol.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
October 15th, 2007, 06:41 PM
4boys
It'll be me, my "doula" (she isn't a real one but I use her as one every time), two midwives and DH if he so chooses to be present.
October 15th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was me, DH, my Mom, my midwife and her assistant.

October 16th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In my bedroom where I was laboring/birthing it was just my husband and our nurse and our doctor (yes a homebirthing doctor!) , so 4 total including me. The kids and our friends were in the house too, but not upstairs with me.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
October 27th, 2007, 07:08 PM
First HB is was DH, Midwife, friend, and our 2 other kids.

Second HB it was DH, Midwife, #####. to midwife, and our 3 other kids.

Third HB it was DH and 4 other kids.

Fourth HB it was DH, midwife, and our 5 other kids. (water birth)

Fifth HB it was DH and our 6 other kids. (water birth)

Sixth HB it was DH and our 7 other kids. (water birth)

Having our other kids there was so wonderful. The kids take on a whole other demeanor when they are present. They were not disruptive at all. When I was having contractions early on they would be sitting on the other couch, quiet as can be. Then I would look up at them and smile. I know they were glad that they could share in the experience with us. They were there doing the actual birth too. During the last HB I was in the tub and and my DH asked if there was anything I needed? I told him I wanted them to pray that I would have the strength to push. My oldest daughter 19, saw her little brother 4, he was sitting on a step stool and leaning his head against the wall praying. She thought quick enough and got a picture of it. It is one of the most precious pictures I've ever seen.

All women have to remember this is YOUR birth, you can decide who is there. You have to be comfortable and relaxed. Good-Luck to all!!!!
October 28th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
When Fritz was born, my mother, father, aunt, two kids, husband, midwife, and her assistant were there. This time around will be the same people plus Fritz plus my sister if she'd like to come.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

November 6th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Melamma's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to Melamma
My plan is to have my DH, my midwife and my Doula (who is also my sister-in-law) there.

November 30th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Veteran
at my birth i had

my midwife
back up midwife
my dh
my mum
sister 17
sister 15
sister 12
friend
aunty
cousin
my daughter 2

we had a quiz night it was like a party we were laughing an joking it was so much fun an it kept my mind of things. when i gave birth they all stood in the corner an watched they wernt in the way at all. i like to show people that home births are amazing.

November 30th, 2007, 09:29 PM
*Jackie*
Anyone can be in the house. As for who will be in the actual room with me it will probably be my MW, DH, mom, sister and my daughter.
December 3rd, 2007, 01:44 PM
Veteran
I had a houseful. The ones in the room with me were my mom, MIL, mw, dh, 2 SIL, and 2 friends. There was a crowd downstairs waiting. Before the birth, I wondered if I would be inhibited with so many people. In the end, I skipped early labor entirely and had a very short intense labor. I wasn't even aware who was in the room so it didn't matter at all that there were so many. With this next baby, I will wait to call people until after early labor (unless I skip it again!).

www.choicesoaps.com - Luxury Handmade Soap
-You've never seen soap like this before!-

December 7th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Super Mommy
It will most likely be me, DBF, and a friend to "help out", though that's mostly for DBF's comfort. She may not be able to make it on time so it might just be me and DBF, which would be fine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search