41 week update

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2007, 05:35 AM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
Well, I had a lot of activity this weekend and I lost my plug, so I am hopeful that I might be at 3 cm at my midwife visit today. She is going to strip my membranes a second time and then have me use my breastpump to do nipple stimulation to try and get some regular contractions if the stripping doesnt take care of it. After that, if I want, she is going to start an herbal induction with blue and black cohosh.

Im really irritated that I am having to deal with this. I so wanted him to come on his own. And I may yet decide that he should, and to just wait it out after being stripped a second time. I just dont understand what his holdup is.

Please pray that there is a clear indication about whether or not I should go on with the herbal induction. It has the potential to make my labor longer and more difficult than if I just waited. I dont know how comfortable I am with waiting him out, though, being that I am 41 weeks and he is 10 pounds. The 10 pounds is not really a rough estimate, its pretty accurate. My 39 weekers were 9 lbs 0 and 9 lbs 4, and my midwife is judging his size based on feel, not on US measurements.

Especially if he is doing well and my BP is good and everything, I will probably just keep waiting until I cant stand it anymore. I don't know if my emotional state will allow me to go to 42 and beyond. I am 10 days more pregnant than I have ever been already.

I didnt sleep well and Im really nervous. I know people get induced all the time, and because its totally my decision and Ive never been faced with it before, I am nervous. And there's a good chance I will not go for ther herbs, rather just see what the second stripping does.

I will check in and keep you updated if there is anything to report later.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

October 15th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Veteran
Good Luck Jeni! I go in tomorrow to see A for my 30 week appointment. I hope your little one decides it is time very soon! The lady that just posted her birth on here was at like 42 1/2 weeks. She was feeling pretty frustrated too! I've never gone past 38 weeks so I can't relate I guess. But, I know even then I was quite ready for that baby to move out. At 41 weeks I know I would be REALLY ready! I hope everything goes well for you! Let us know!

October 15th, 2007, 06:25 AM
JerseyJess's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope your appointment goes well! Nipple stim can be a really exhausting way to trigger labor (as it often means stimulating one contraction at a time for hours) Is baby in a good position?-That's often a cause for going a week+ past...I really hope labor starts ASAP for you. Is your midwife opposed to castor oil? (more effective than nipple stim, perhaps less controversial than blue cohosh)
Tabbitha Eve-7
Tyler Anthony-3
Jackson Bryce born 11/30! 7lbs 12oz/ 21.5in

<span style="color:#9932CC">“If you don’t know your options, you don’t have any.”-Diane Korte and Roberta Scaer

“Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” Jeannine Parvati Baker

“Anything I’ve ever done that ultimately was worthwhile…initially scared me to death.” Betty Bender
October 15th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
More update

She stripped my membranes again, and I am now at 3. Ive gotten to 3 without having to breathe through a single contraction. That's pretty cool.

Im all done effacing, and there is no adhesive quality left to the cervix. There was no pain at all when she stripped my membranes this time, and there was very little pain when she stripped them on Friday. She said I wont see any more bloody show till Im in labor, if its like my other labors. She was able to take her finger all the way around his head up to her index finger knuckle. He is not aligned perfectly, he is still low, but his butt is jutting out over my pelvis. We bound my belly with an ace bandage to sort of force him in to trajectory, putting my belly more up and inward so it could not sag outward with his butt jutting out.

So we wait on dilation. With me at 3 cm, I am going to go walking at the mall this afternoon, and around outside tonight. Im drinking superstrength red raspberry leaf tea (1 oz tea to 8 oz water) to try and move things along. I will also be doing some exercises and working with the birthing ball. If I am at 4 tomorrow and havent had the baby, my midwife will augment with blue and black cohosh tincture under my tongue/in a tea and/or break my water. We could do castor oil, but especially with already beeing a week late, Im more concerned about possibility of meconium in the water if I try castor oil. My doula did castor oil under my same midwife's care the day they induced, and it worked really well. So we will talk about ti some more probably.

I had a 1 hr 15 minute labor with Felicity, and I was 1 cm and 50% effaced 3 days before I had her. My midwife has already said shes not comfortable leaving me if I am 4 cm, because I have the potential to go in half an hour, if I go fast like I have, starting from 4 cm and 100% effaced.

Im feeling really good and optimistic right now. Glad to see progression and activity, gives me hope. Its when I get radio silence from my uterus that I start wigging out. Gonna work, but not overdo it, to get him out.

(I have only given birth on Tues or Thursday, always in the dark, and always on a day that ends in a 6. Tomorrow is Tuesday, October 16th. SO.. come on baby!)

Thanks for the positive thoughts!

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

October 15th, 2007, 06:39 PM
4boys
Well I hope it's soon! Tomorrow sounds like a good day. Good luck and can't wait to read your birth story!
October 16th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We'll be thinking of you. Best wishes for a happy, healthy birth. Keep us updated when you can.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
October 16th, 2007, 09:08 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My suggestion? Pelvic rocks & the webster technique. See a chiro who is familiar with it & I would bet my dollar it helps that baby line up better & sets the wheels in motion

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
October 16th, 2007, 10:20 AM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thinking of you today - I hope little Thomas is on his way right now!
October 16th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't wait to hear an update! I have been checking for one since last night when you posted in our DDC. I hope he is coming into the world or already here!

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

October 16th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I keep checking for updates, too! I really hope he's here or well on his way by now.

October 17th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Veteran
Well, I see the same midwife as jeni, and I was there yesterday from 5-6 PM. Didn't sound like there'd been any action yesterday or my appointment would have likely been moved. And we even discussed Jeni. Not in a personal way hon, she wouldn't give away your info or anything. In fact she just said, "a client of mine." But since she said she'd seen the client yesterday and she was 41 weeks I knew who she was talking about! We Just talked about how frustrating it can be for some people when they are "overdue" and how they start considering options they wouldn't before. So, I assumed no baby yet. I hope he decides to come on out soon!

Now me, with each child I was at 4 cm for about 3 weeks and it still took 6-8 hours of being in labor for them to move on out. So, A isn't too worried about getting to me in time. Though, of course, every baby is different!

October 17th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I saw her post on the DDC, looks like Thomas joined the world this morning!!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 17th, 2007, 12:15 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY!! I'm so glad he's here - congrats, Jeni! I can't wait to read the birth story.
October 17th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! She did have the baby this morning. No pics up yet. We are in the same DDC!

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search