Excited x 4 !

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2007, 08:36 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's been a big day here, as far as our upcoming birth is concerned. First, our birth pool was waiting on the porch when we got back from the grocery store this morning (yay!) Not too long after, FedEx showed up with the birth kit. No one should be so happy digging through a box of underpads and cord clamps!

DH finally started cleaning out the baby's room tonight...well, the baby's stuff's room, as she'll be sleeping with us for a good long while. But you know what I mean - it's progress toward a place for all of her things, anyway. And it's about time, at 34.5 weeks.

And last but not least...I got a great email from my midwife tonight. Turns out that our senior midwife - the one I mentioned stressing me out in my 34 week appointment post - has decided to take a break from midwifery to focus on some personal/family things. She's still willing to attend our birth if we want, but she's equally willing to let a different senior midwife step in - one that my main midwife seems to like better, think is more laid back, and thinks will be a better match for us. Needless to say, I'm very excited to meet her - even if it means changing senior midwives this late in the game. I've been so worried about the old one stressing me out during labor...maybe that won't be the case with someone different.

So yeah...all in all, a very good, very exciting day - just had to share with people who would understand!
October 19th, 2007, 08:45 PM
4boys
I am so glad for you that you don't have to worry about that cranky midwife! Maybe her personal life was contributing to her attitude but you certainly don't want to deal with that while you are in labor. Yay for you! You are close now and well prepared!
October 20th, 2007, 05:40 AM
JerseyJess's Avatar Super Mommy
That's great! I'm so glad that other midwife won't be there as admittedly her heart's not in it right now. I hear ya about the birth kit, I just ordered mine yesterday. I remember with my son, it was coming around Christmas-I joked that everyone else's brown packages contained fun stuff like books, toys, presents-but mine, it contained: gloves, clamps, gauze-lol.
Tabbitha Eve-7
Tyler Anthony-3
Jackson Bryce born 11/30! 7lbs 12oz/ 21.5in

<span style="color:#9932CC">“If you don’t know your options, you don’t have any.”-Diane Korte and Roberta Scaer

“Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” Jeannine Parvati Baker

“Anything I’ve ever done that ultimately was worthwhile…initially scared me to death.” Betty Bender
October 20th, 2007, 09:28 AM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! Merry Christmas to you, Jess! Yay for ordering your new one, though...more like a Halloween treat this year.

From the sound of a few more emails back and forth with my main midwife, it sounds like the switch is a done deal if I say so...I'm pretty relieved about that. I'll get to meet the new one at our home visit in a couple of weeks, but I'm pretty sure already that I'll be more comfortable with her than with the old senior midwife. MM can't say enough complimentary things about her, and I trust her judgement.
October 20th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you had an exciting day! Congrats on getting everything in order.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search