36.5 week midwife appointment today!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2007, 07:13 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all, I actually managed to get my house reasonably clean before the midwives came today. YAY for that!!

We got to meet the new senior midwife we'll be working with - I like her SO much better than the old one! She was so, so sweet, I'm thrilled to have her instead (she has SEVEN children, all of them born at home, so I'm pretty comfortable that she knows what to expect!) - and of course, my regular m/w that I already adore. So, there's one less thing to stress over. She was completely comfortable with every single thing I told her, unlike the old one that immediately dredged up the worst case scenario in every incidence for me to worry about.

The thing I'm MOST happy about is that Amelia has finally wiggled her little booty around where she should be, so she's head down and ready to go! They don't seem to think she'll be in a big hurry since Rachael wasn't...but I can dream, right? As soon as I finish unpacking all these baby clothes, I'm ready... They estimated that she's about seven pounds now, which would make her about the same size Rachael was if she comes right around her due date. She seems to have dropped a little too - I can't tell it, but fundal height was a little smaller than at our last visit, and it's hard to argue with that. I don't suppose she's shrinking in there or anything.

Oh, and while she was feeling around and telling me where all the little parts were, she said I was having good, and pretty regular, contractions. I've yet to feel one, but she said it was most likely happening a lot, not just because she was mashing on my belly. So, hooray for not feeling 'em!

She also recommended getting some raspberry leaf tea and starting to drink a pitcher every day or two - said that it conditions the uterus for labor, makes the contractions less painful, etc. So yeah, I'm definitely heading out in the morning to get some of that!!

Doing the every week thing now, so I'll see them again next Thursday... Just had to share my update, I'm THRILLED to know that my girly is head down now instead of in some funky half-transverse position. I've really been stressing about that since our last visit!
November 2nd, 2007, 08:09 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great appointment! I am so glad she's head down and seems to be getting ready for a birthday soon! I'm so excited to hear all about your upcoming birth!
November 4th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Sounds like an awesome appointment. I'm so glad she's wiggled her way down, and that you like the new midwife! Woohoo! I can't wait to hear all about your home birth.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
November 5th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
sounds like it went well, I am glad you like the new midwife and that she has turned around

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

November 6th, 2007, 03:03 PM
JerseyJess's Avatar Super Mommy
Sounds good! Happy to hear that you like this midwife better and that baby is head down now. I've also started drinking RRL tea and am having tons of B-H contractions. I wonder if we'll end up giving birth within days of each other...
Tabbitha Eve-7
Tyler Anthony-3
Jackson Bryce born 11/30! 7lbs 12oz/ 21.5in

<span style="color:#9932CC">“If you don’t know your options, you don’t have any.”-Diane Korte and Roberta Scaer

“Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” Jeannine Parvati Baker

“Anything I’ve ever done that ultimately was worthwhile…initially scared me to death.” Betty Bender

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search