Anyone else Rh Negative?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
If you are Rh Negative did you get the Rhogam shot? I got it with my last pregnancy but I really want to decline it this time. I am 26 weeks and my Midwife appointment is today so I will talk to her about it, but I am just curious if anyone else has declined it.

I have been trying to do all the research I can but I am having a hard time deciding what is best for me to do.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

January 7th, 2008, 10:41 AM
shadowdweller's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well, it's true that first babies are not at risk, but the shot is needed IF baby #1 is +. i'm +, so it's not an issue for me personally, but i do have a friend who is neg, and she chose not to do shots during her pregnancies, and had her babies blood typed at birth (it can be done with the cord blood). if baby was pos, she had the rogham, but if baby was neg, no shot. she's had 8 healthy babies so far-pg with #9. if it were an issue for me, i would do th same. hth.

eta: if there is any bleeding, or a m/c, the shot should also be given then, just in case. said friend did have an unexplained bleeding episode around 6 months with i think? baby 4, and got the shot. good thing too, as that baby did test + at birth.
January 7th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am RH negative. I'm also going to have the baby typed after birth, and at that point I will decide whether to get the shot.

</div>
January 7th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
so if I choose not to get it during my pregnancy (this is my second) will it effect this baby. I will get baby typed and get the shot after birth if needed, I just don't want to do it during pregnancy KWIM?

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

January 7th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am A- and had the shot with my first two pregnancies. I have since re-married and my DH also has a negative blood type so it's not needed because it's impossible for our children to be anything but negative blood types. Do you know your husband's blood type?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search