Birthing pool question

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Alison88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Alison88
Hi Ladies,

I have posted once or twice on this board before, but it has been a while, so I hope no one minds me popping in with a quick question. I am sure I will have more soon!

I am just wondering roughly how big a birthing pool is or how much room you would need for it. I know there are probably tonnes of different sizes and stuff which is why I ask roughly. I am just trying to figure out where if anywhere in my house I could possibly fit one. I am still in the process of investigating this option so I have all of the facts to give to the doubters in my family.

Thanks so much for any input any of you may have!

January 29th, 2008, 12:28 PM
4boys
Hi Alison! You are right that there are different sizes. I have La Bassine which I *think* is on the bigger side of birth pools. I believe that it is around 5 feet long and probably about 4 feet wide. That's just a guess of course. I am sticking it in my basement bathroom and there won't be a ton of room to move around it but my midwife said it'll work so that's good enough for me.

Ask all the questions you want! I am planning my first homebirth so I don't have any real experience yet but there are lots of ladies here who do and are very helpful!
January 29th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I will most likely be using the la bassine too. I am going to be putting it in my room, and I think I will be taking out our dressers ahead of time so that there will be more room. I have no idea where I will put my dressers for now, but I think the best place for the pool will be in my bedroom.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

January 29th, 2008, 05:45 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I *think* the La Bassine is closer to 5" x 6" (oval shaped). Either way - thats a good estimate - somewhere between 5 & 6 foot!

We managed to make a few minor adjustments in our Bedroom & put it in there.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
January 29th, 2008, 11:04 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine was 75"x70"x24" hexagonal (yeah, still have it bookmarked! ) - we moved the coffee table out of the way and set it up in the living room. I wanted to be near the fireplace anyway.

There are definitely smaller ones available, though, if space is an issue - there's a round one that's only 60"x22" on the same site where I bought mine.
January 30th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Alison88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Alison88
Thanks for the responses Ladies! I am going to measure the floor space in my bedroom and out master bathroom. I know there would be enough space in the living room, but my parents and possible fil will be here so I really want a place that will be private. I just had dh and my midwives in the room when dd was born and I liked it that way.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search