What the heck?!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2008, 11:17 AM
*Jackie*
I emailed my MW a few months ago, and the from what I understood she takes payments at the END of everything (and we were planning on making a few payments & then paying her in full with our taxes 2009). We do not have pregnancy/labor insurance on me. Well, we apparently have to pay at EVERY appt. of which we cannot afford to do because it's about 300 an appointment.

So I'm like WTH so I have to go on medicaid? I really don't want too. I called them today & we break the income bracket for it.

So, we're screwed. What the heck?!?!?!? I'm so dumbfounded I'm like... you've got to be kiddinig me. No way...
February 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would continue trying to talk with her - express htat youre VERY interested inthis, and want to work something out. Otherwise, it might not be the *ideal* option - but could you use a CC to float some of it?

I know for us - it was tough - DH had to pick up another job & we ended up coming across some unexpected moneyt hat helped us pay it off (which was nice that he didnt have to work a second job every month).

Another thing to ask - is how they would work things if you saw an OB for your prenatal care, but transferred into her care in the last trimester. The insurance would cover the prenatal costs - but youd have to pay the MW out of pocket at the end. Unfortunately, the copays for OB appts after deductibles are usually just as high as the whole freaking thing with a MW.

Finally - an option would be unassisted pg - monitoring your care yourself - and transferring to her at the end. IF you feel comfortable with that. Thats our plan if we were to ever have any more. I can certainly weigh myself, check my own urine & BP - which is all they do at the OBs offices anyways lol. If results ever come out askew - I can go to a physician only then.

(((hugs)))

Its tough - but hopefully youll find a solution

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
February 5th, 2008, 05:38 AM
*Jackie*
My insurance doesn't cover ANY prenatal/pregnancy/labor anything at all, so seeing an OB isn't an option. I'm just going to see what I can work out. Something will work, it always does, I just didn't know THIS was going to be something that needed to be worked out. I was for sure she waited until the end to get paid... *sigh*.
February 5th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Super Mommy
I'm on a Christian share plan and my Dr said that I could wait to pay until the baby is born like I did last time. I still got bills, one says I'm late in my payments. I just keep calling and calling the billing dept. like I did last time until they change it. The lady at billing never believes me and last time I had to ask my Dr to call and change it personally before she would stop harrassing me. So the trick is to get your Dr/Midwife on your side and get them to speak for you. They want to get paid, you just have to negotiate.
Melissa
February 5th, 2008, 07:10 AM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I'm sorry this threw a wrench in your plans. I misread your post initially and just saw "pay her with your taxes" and was thinking "well, that could be really soon..." I guess there's no chance of using your 2008 refund to pay her up front?

I'm sorry, that is a tough situation...but you're right, things always seem to work out, and I hope they do for you soon. Definitely keep talking with her, let her know your situation and how much you want for this to work!
February 5th, 2008, 07:18 AM
*Jackie*
Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry this threw a wrench in your plans. I misread your post initially and just saw "pay her with your taxes" and was thinking "well, that could be really soon..." I guess there's no chance of using your 2008 refund to pay her up front?

I'm sorry, that is a tough situation...but you're right, things always seem to work out, and I hope they do for you soon. Definitely keep talking with her, let her know your situation and how much you want for this to work![/b]
The taxes this year were going to fix our Isuzu that way we have two cars. I'm not sure what is going to happen. I"ll call the medicaid ppl back today.
February 5th, 2008, 08:34 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Def talk to medicaid & seriously - consider doing some of your own prenatal care. How do you feel about U/S? IF youre not adamant about getting one it could wait - even if you decide to do it at 20 weeks, you have a lot of time.

You can pick up the urine sticks that the drs use online or at walmart or walgreens & you can get a BP cuff too for reasonable ($20). You only see the dr once a month anyways in the first 6 months, so unless you notice a problem, thats what *I* would do.

It gives you time to sort things out.

Also - perhaps you could delay getting the car fixed if youve gone with just one for this time? I know its tough, were limping around with one car right now too since our radiator busted in one car, and when we do fix it well have to do it ourselves in order to afford it & stick to our debt pay down plans.

If you can get medicaid though -t hat would so be worth it - its like a $20 copay & they typically cover everything.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
February 5th, 2008, 09:48 AM
*Jackie*
We had medicaid with Kailey. Josh got fired (they found out he wanted to go back to college to pursue a diff. degree) when I was 7mths pregnant so we had to switch to medicaid. They paid for everything... no co-pays or anything.

We'll see what we can do. I call them back in a few minutes as my sis will be here then to watch the girls.
February 5th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
thats a horrible situation to be in, hopefully you could atleast get on medicaid

I am on medicaid and they are covering all of my appointments with my midwife. Alls I have to pay for is her gas to come to me from 37 weeks on (only $20 each time) and $50 for the use of the pool and my birth kit, thats it.

I know what it is like to only have 1 car too, actually we have a tiny truck that the 3 of us have to sqeeze in right now, it is no fun at all.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search