were you scared

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
Were you scared that your midwife might not make it in time? I am not to worried, she is alittle over an hour away, but I am curious if there is anything I should know how to do just in case.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

February 6th, 2008, 10:55 AM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, I wasn't...and my midwife was an hour and a half away. That is, under NORMAL conditions. I ended up going into labor in the middle of the night, we live in the middle of nowhere, and she got LOST getting here. It ended up taking her more like three hours - and she arrived just two hours before Amelia was born. But, I wasn't nervous at all...I guess I was so focused on what my body was doing that I wasn't worried about HER!

In retrospect, I think I would've been okay even if she hadn't made it in time...DH would have certainly been on the phone with her to tell us what to do just after she was born, but in the end, it's something I had to do 'alone' anyway.
February 6th, 2008, 11:18 AM
shadowdweller's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i'm a bit worried, truthfully. my m/w is over an hour away, we're expecting another quick labor...and mt m/w does have a history of taking her time to get to births. i'm sure i could handle things without help if need be, but my dh could not! he would seriously freak out. it's his one and only fear related to the home birth!
February 6th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
Quote:
DH would have certainly been on the phone with her to tell us what to do just after she was born[/b]
I didn't even think about her being able to talk us through it, LOL

Quote:
i'm sure i could handle things without help if need be, but my dh could not! he would seriously freak out. it's his one and only fear related to the home birth![/b]
Same with my boyfriend LOL I keep telling him the next baby will be an unassisted home birth, but he says no way

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

February 6th, 2008, 12:52 PM
4boys
My DH is the same, he says if the midwife doesn't make it, we'll go to the hospital so that he doesn't have to deal with the birth! It freaks him out too. My midwife was here this morning and she said she will go over some things with us so that we know the important things to do if she doesn't get here in time. For a normal birth I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal anyways. I'm not very worried about it. More than likely, there will be 3 midwives coming to my house, plus my doula, so someone will probably make it!
February 6th, 2008, 02:30 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No midwife makes this an easy one for me - but I can understand the feeling
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

February 6th, 2008, 07:15 PM
*Jackie*
Quote:
Were you scared that your midwife might not make it in time? I am not to worried, she is alittle over an hour away, but I am curious if there is anything I should know how to do just in case.[/b]
With Kailey I was afraid I had called her for no reason. I had no idea I was really in labor because I assumed I would feel SOME pain. When she arrived I was a 6 so it's a good thing I called. It would not have been her fault but mine!
February 7th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I'm not really worried at all, both of my previous labors have been over 20 hours, and I fully expect this one to be long too, so I don't see how anyone could really miss it.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 7th, 2008, 07:59 PM
shadowdweller's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
With Kailey I was afraid I had called her for no reason. I had no idea I was really in labor because I assumed I would feel SOME pain. When she arrived I was a 6 so it's a good thing I called. It would not have been her fault but mine![/b]
and that is my biggest fear- calling her up here for no reason! i wasn't totally convinced i was really in labor with selene until she crowned!
February 8th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
and that is my biggest fear- calling her up here for no reason! i wasn't totally convinced i was really in labor with selene until she crowned![/b]
My midwife and her assistant spent two nights on our couch with no baby in the morning We all thought I was in labor but apparently Reid had a mind of his own. Luckily my midwife only lives about 10 minutes away but her assistant drove a good hour to be there with us. I was a bit embarrassed but they assured me it's part of the job and not to feel badly at all.
February 9th, 2008, 05:38 PM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
nope....not worried at all! luckily she is 2 miles from my house! :-)

Survivor Mom - My Blog

February 27th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Carliegirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wasn't worried about this. I was pretty sure we could handle it if we had to wing it. DH is super confident and we're pretty informed and we could always call her cell if we had a questions.

Thanks so much for the lovely siggie Trish (mtdk454)!!!!
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTRLvVI/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

March 24th, 2008, 04:31 PM
jacksons_mom's Avatar Super Mommy
my sister is very worried that her midwife isn't going to make it. She lives a good 2 hours away and my sister's longest labor was 2 hours. The midwife's assistant is 1 1/2 hours so she will be the first to arrive.

We are all hoping though for a natural induction with both the midwife and assistant there and ready!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search