cloth diapers

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2008, 05:40 PM
leahmariv's Avatar Super Mommy
sorry i am not really asking about home births but i thought you ladies here would know more about this subject i am new to it and am need all the help i can get. like if you guys think all in ones are better or wrap kinds or really any help you ladies can give me would be much appreciated. thanks
February 10th, 2008, 08:13 PM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
there is TONS of great info on the cloth diaper board!! check it out!

Survivor Mom - My Blog

February 10th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I did not start CD'ing until my daughter turned 1. I really like pocket diapers. I am getting cubby cuddlers for the new baby. They are a pocket diaper made by a JM mommy.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

February 10th, 2008, 09:07 PM
right after i posted this i found that forum hehe. it has helped a lot thanks
February 10th, 2008, 10:34 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Were fuzzi bunz fanatics. We started when our daughter was about 3 months old. Theyre pockets. I've tried others, and I do have a few other brands, but I wont go with anything other htan a pocket. I take that back - we have some fitteds that use a cover (though I prefer wool shorties & longies) at night b/c shes such a heavy wetter!

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
February 10th, 2008, 11:39 PM
what is the pocket cloth diaper look like inisde and what do you put in it?
February 11th, 2008, 07:32 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When a pocket is open it is usually fleece or suedecloth inside, though I believe that there is at least one company (Swaddlebees) that also uses bamboo velour. `The guts of the diaper, if you turn it inside out, you will likely see a shiny coating of polyurethane and the underside of whatever the inner layer is.
Personally I can't stand fuzzibunz, the snaps never line up properly for me which I find really obnoxious on an 18 dollar diaper.
As far as "commercial" diapers I like Swaddlebees and Bumkins, both fit M really well. But more than anything I prefer WAHM made dipes, especially A Perfect Medium (M has about 6 and 6 more being made) and Fattycakes. If you spend some time in Hyenacart you can find really awesome WAHM diapers and many of them are in the same price range as commercial dipes, though most do not include stuffings.
As far as systems go I prefered pockets during the summer but in the winter I like using fitteds (fleece sleeprs are great covers), and once we started having solid poos I like the easy rinsability of AI2s.
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

February 12th, 2008, 05:52 PM
thank you so much. let me get this right a pocket diaper you have to add stuff in to it more than what is already there right? sorry for some reason pockets confused me hehe. cause im going to be trying the prefolds and wraps but it gets very hot here in the summer. so maybe those would be better in the heat.
February 12th, 2008, 11:00 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The thing about pockets is that most companies use PUL, which is really not the most breathable thing. If you are going to have a little naked baby (M ran around in nothing but her diaper all summer long) they are probably pretty comfy. Otherwise I would use either prefolds or fitteds.
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

February 12th, 2008, 11:37 PM
awesome thanks
February 13th, 2008, 12:59 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just having to throw my $.02 in...we use BumGenius One Size, which are also pockets...very much like Fuzzi Bunz, although I find them waaaay more user friendly since they use aplix/velcro instead of snaps. Much easier for me to adjust on my wiggly little one. We also use some fitteds with covers, and some prefolds with covers. I think prefolds are supposed to be the most breathable, so maybe best for summer?

Anyway, you've found the CD board. You'll find sooooo much info there!
February 13th, 2008, 05:43 PM
thank you and yes i love the cd board! it had helped so much. i have been telling people about it
February 14th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I'm going to have to visit the CD board, also. We've been talking about switching over for almost a year now.
There are tons of sites out there for online purchases.
This is one site I like to look at often: http://www.clothdiapersforbaby.com/
Here's a list of web sites for CD. I like to window shop. http://www.clothdiapersites.com/

Good luck,
Kristin & "The Boys" + 1 due 7/08'
February 14th, 2008, 11:06 AM
i know i love to window shop! i registered online at http://www.mtdiaperstore.com/shop/registry_products.php
but im also getting fancy covers and i still need to buy some all in ones. so fun

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search