how far do you think....

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
a midwife will travel?

the closest one to me i can find is 109 miles...i'm seriously looking into an un-assisted homebirth.

February 16th, 2008, 11:10 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it just depends on the midwife - you'll have to ask how far she's willing to come.

I'm about 80 miles from my midwife (1.5-2 hour drive) and that's as far as she was willing...actually, she didn't realize how long it would take when she agreed. I ended up going to her for most of the prenatal visits - she only came to me for one home visit and then the birth.

Hope you find one that'll come to you - or are happy with the idea of a UC!
February 17th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i've always wanted one...but just don't have that option. i've been looking more into unassisted. i know i could do it. and my sister has always wanted to be a midwife and has learned alot of stuff....so i'm not worried at all about doing it on my own. i've watched quite a few unassisted home births and compared to hospital births...i mean good grief. you have this dr stretching you to high heaven to make room for baby to come out..when all you have to do is wait and let your body do it's thing. dh doesn't really like the idea...but we only live a couple mins from a hospital so if anything does go wrong...ya know?

February 17th, 2008, 10:04 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our midwife goes all over the US (and the world) from Montana. As long as clients are willing to pay for her gas or flight, she'll come. She's semi retired, so she only does one birth a month, which means she always comes to stay with us whenever I feel like I need her nearby. With #3 she came a week before I actually gave birth. With #4, it was almost 2 weeks I think. This time, 2 days. She just comes when I start to feel close and is totally willing to wait it out with me.
February 18th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
My midwife is an hour and a half away from me and that is about as far as she is willing to go. She has not been to my house yet and will not start coming until I am 37 weeks. Then she will do weekly appointments at my house until the baby is born.

Quote:
Our midwife goes all over the US (and the world) from Montana. As long as clients are willing to pay for her gas or flight, she'll come. She's semi retired, so she only does one birth a month, which means she always comes to stay with us whenever I feel like I need her nearby. With #3 she came a week before I actually gave birth. With #4, it was almost 2 weeks I think. This time, 2 days. She just comes when I start to feel close and is totally willing to wait it out with me.[/b]

that is so awesome

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

February 18th, 2008, 05:10 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
My midwife (with my 3rd) came about 300 miles, it was a 5 hour drive for her. She is now in a birth centre and doesn't attend homebirths any longer and there is nobody that will so I have mine unassisted.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search