Garlic for GBS?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2008, 11:23 AM
4boys
I have always tested GBS positive in all my pregnancies. So my midwife tells me today that she heard somewhere that if you make a "tea" out of boiling water and garlic cloves, let it steep and then use it in a peri bottle to rinse your perineum after using the bathroom helps get rid of it. Has anyone ever heard of this?? She also said taking garlic pills may also help. I might do some google research yet but just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. She said I should try it for two weeks and then she'll do the GBS test at my next appointment and see if it worked.
February 20th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
If I remember correctly, another mommy, Sidheister.... tested GBS positive when she was pregnant with her daughter. She did a whole homeopathic/natural regimen and ended up testing negative closer to the birth... You may want to PM her?

Oh and here is something I found...

http://www.joyousbirth.info/articles...lapproach.html

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 20th, 2008, 12:55 PM
4boys
After doing some research, I found something on the gentle birth website that says inserting raw garlic vaginally before bed kills GBS. I think I'm gonna try that one and see what happens.
February 20th, 2008, 08:29 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Interesting. I'll have to remember this if I ever get pregnant again. I was positive for GBS during both previous pregnancies also, and led to believe there was nothing I could do about it.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
February 20th, 2008, 08:51 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey, that's cool - I'd never heard of that! Sounds like it couldn't hurt anything to try it - and I really hope it works for you!
February 20th, 2008, 09:34 PM
4boys
Here is the link to the article I read on it. I think I am going to try this in the days leading up to my 36 week appointment and see if it results in a negative test. I just hope I don't stink too bad!

Garlic for GBS
February 21st, 2008, 10:06 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've heard wonderful things about garlic & hybicleanse!

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
February 26th, 2008, 09:35 PM
4boys
*Ok, here comes a rant*...

I was really excited about this garlic treatment thing, I started it last night and I'm eager to see if it works. So I made a post about it in my DDC in case anyone else was not liking the idea of antibiotics during labor and wanted to know there are alternatives. WELL....let me tell you, now I am weird, desperate and should just consider myself lucky that I live in a time where antibiotics are even available!! It makes me so mad to hear some of them say how they are just going to "trust their doctor" and how even some of them are willing to give up mobility and laboring in a pool just because of a stupid IV!! I mean, I agree that you SHOULD be able to trust your doctor and it's really sad but the reality is, they are more interested in their own schedules and avoiding lawsuits than anything else. Where is the respect for doing things naturally??? Am I over-reacting? Maybe I should have expected it. I just thought I was being helpful.

Ok, rant over.
February 27th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Carliegirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw! Don't let people get to you! Everybody reacts with panic to anything unknown and labels it "scary." They're just repeating what they've been told.

To support your case....I tested positive with my first pregnancy and then for my second I drank echinacea tea, took garlic capsules orally, upped my vitamin C dosage that I usually take, did a vaginal wash with tea tree oil and water and bathed in warm water baths with a little grapefruit seed extract in the bath. I tested negative. I'm not sure what worked but nothing was very invasive or inconvenient and I got the result I wanted. Go for it! You can change your status.

Thanks so much for the lovely siggie Trish (mtdk454)!!!!
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTRLvVI/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search