The birth of Haleh Nancy...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2008, 05:04 PM
fijimama's Avatar Regular
Hi Ladies! My sweet baby is 2.5 weeks old now, but I finally got around to writing my birth story. (Also posted in Feb DDC). Here it is!

Haleh Nancy is our fourth child (third birth since our daughter Myah is adopted) and our first waterbaby! As labor began to pick up around 5 in the evening, I walked in big loops outside in the pouring rain. We live in the tropics in a little wood house by the ocean, so this was a really memorable way to labor. When I was good and sure that these contractions would bring the baby, I came inside and took a cold shower that felt so warm after my cold rain bath. By this time it was almost dark. I curled up in our papasan chair for a bit, then crawled into bed for some extra comfort. Since we live rurally, my brother-in-law had offered to host the birth at his home in the city in case we needed to transport to the hospital. (In fact, we planned to stay at the hospital for a night following the birth to rest before the trip home.) Kris and I wished at this point in labor that we could stay home, but got the family and bags loaded in the car anyway and started off. The bumpy 45-minute trip was really tough to endure, as I had feared. It was such a relief to finally arrive at a dim and quiet room where my Gentle Birth Pool was being filled! Labor took its time, I thought, especially for a third time around. I was 6 centimeters dilated when our OB arrived at 9:30 pm, and spent a few hours in laboring quietly on the bed while the pool was being perfected. Contractions were different than in past labors- I could feel my uterus lifting and felt the lateral muscles widening. It was a powerful sensation but not painful. (These sensations continued until transition). I got in the birth pool around 1 a.m. maybe. It felt amazing! So weightless and the perfect temperature. I told Kris that I felt that I was cheating, and that I thought maybe I would skip transition altogether and the baby would just kind of slide out. He was dubious, and said, “Well, I’m still going to look for a very strong emotional signpost marking transition!” All the ladies in the family came in to see me then, and Kris took some photos and video. At around 2:30 a.m. I felt like I was ready to progress faster and the contractions felt the same as they had for a while. I agreed to be checked again, and since I was still 7-8 cm, I was ready to have my water broken. This was easy and comfortable, and contractions did come harder but I was still able to sleep between them. Around maybe 4:00 a.m., I got back in the birth pool. 15 minutes or so later, I started sobbing right after a contraction. Kris was right, and I was definitely in the transition stage! We labored for about 30 minutes more, with Kris holding my head as I floated in the water. (He had a very sore wrist for a week afterwards!). My very sensitive OB waited until she heard me saying “I can’t do this anymore!” and gloved up to assist the birth. Contractions were a bit confusing at this point, some as much as 7 minutes apart, but some only 2 or so minutes. With some I wanted to push, and with some I wanted to cry. It was so wonderful to be in the water and moving freely, sometimes floating, sometimes curling up in a ball and pushing. Though I was surrounded by family, I was able to feel safe and focused in the birth pool. What a relief as I felt the baby’s head finally slipping in to the birth canal. I could finally believe that we were almost there! A bit of hair showed, and soon baby’s head was crowning. I panted and tried so hard not to push. I remember saying “I want to push the baby out!!” again and again. Finally the baby’s (HUGE) head was born gently, our OB maneuvered the shoulders which were a bit stuck, and with another push and a cry, its whole wonderful body was out! Kris checked…and said “It’s a little girl!!” We all laughed and cried and rejoiced. I named her Haleh Nancy – I got to choose since she was a girl! She was born at 5:08 a.m. on February 9, and weighed 9 lb 12.5 oz. What a beautiful gift from God! Her birth story video can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeL8GMDn-V4

Myah 8/11/06 (adopted 8/17/06)
Haleh 2/09/08

February 26th, 2008, 09:30 PM
4boys
What a beautiful story! Congrats on your daughter!!
February 27th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Carliegirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Fabulous! Congratulations!

Thanks so much for the lovely siggie Trish (mtdk454)!!!!
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTRLvVI/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

February 27th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

February 28th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Just lurking...

I watched your video on youtube and cried so hard!!

Congrats on your baby girl, she is adorable!!

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

February 28th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Beautiful! That video made me cry!

Wonderful!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

February 28th, 2008, 09:34 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations FijiMama! I've been lurking for a while and following your story as Fiji holds a special place in my heart, my husband and I were married there last year. What a magical place! What a peaceful birth and beautiful daughter...just like you wanted. Congrats to you and your family!

Shauna
February 28th, 2008, 04:51 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG!!! I"VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOUR BIRTH STORY!

I just BAWLED my eyes out I want you to know! lol. I cried reading your post & then cried a TON watching the video. And just so you know, my 9 yr old & 17 month old watched it and when it was done my son looked at me and said "mom - I wish I could have a BILLION babies"!

YOU Have NO idea how thrilled I am for you... I've been following everything of yours since I first saw you over here on the HB board YOU DID IT!

Now, if I could just arrange to come visit them there "tropics"! lol.

Congrats to you & daddy. I lOve love love the pic of you all there crouching on the ground after planting the placenta. LOVE IT! Thats the joy that only crunchy moms can understand lol.

Lala...

Oh and if you dont mind, I'm showing everyone I know your birth video lol. It *is* on Youtube afterall! lol.

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
February 29th, 2008, 10:28 AM
*Jackie*

looooooooooooooooved it!!!!! beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 29th, 2008, 04:15 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amazing, Congrats
February 29th, 2008, 06:04 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
aww i too have been following your story and remember when you first asked about the water birth there in figi. im so glad you got to do it! it sounds so much like how i felt during my birth, no one could believe i was so calm during it all...it was uncomfortable but not painful...just felt like my body was working and it felt good!

ok i haven't watche dthe video yet...im afriad to! my emotions are a wreck as it is! lol
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!
March 4th, 2008, 09:46 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATULATIONS, LINDY!!! What an *amazing* gift to little Haleh that video will be someday - the cheers when you discovered she was a girl! I'm in tears, it was a beautiful birth, and your new baby girl is just gorgeous. I'm thrilled for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search