Bleeding question

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2008, 08:11 AM
home4mygirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to post here quite a bit, but then lost the baby I was due with and kind of lost touch with this board. I have a question though. I'm very confused.

I'm 13 weeks today and when we went last week to my midwife, she couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler. She said she wasn't concerned because she could hear placenta sounds and we were 13 weeks when we could hear the heartbeat with both Trinity and Asher (the baby I lost). So we rescheduled for this week on Thursday to see what happens.

Anyway, I started bleeding last night. It wasn't a horrendous amount, but enough to fill one pad and 2 others about halfway (I changed one early and the other before I went to bed). There was a pretty small amount of bleeding last night and a little bit today, but it's all but stopped as far as I can tell. I NEVER had any cramping and there have been NO clots, bits of tissue, etc. I can't call my midwife today because she's out on home visits all day.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that we're going to lose this baby too. My question is, is this normal for a miscarriage??? For it to start, then stop, then possibly start later on? Could it be something else? ANY thoughts, advice, etc would be appreciated. I really, really don't want to go to the hospital because the last time this happened they treated me like crap and made me feel like the stupidest person in the world for not having a doctor and seeing a midwife instead. We live in a very backwards town and the docs here are SO close-minded when it comes to home birth.

Any help anyone can give me would be VERY much appreciated! Thanks ladies!

"We do not choose to be born. We do not choose our parents, or the country of our birth. We do not, most of us, choose to die; nor do we choose the time and conditions of our death. But within this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we live." Joseph Epstein
March 4th, 2008, 11:34 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First off, I'm so sorry that you've had such a roller coaster, it's a tough thing to deal with physically & emotionally.

as for your question, whats normal - Its really difficult to say Anything is possible, and with all the things going on at once, bleeding can come from so many places. And even with an U/S it's not always able to be found.

If its any consolation - I had bleeding with both my pgs. With my first - it was right at 13 weeks, and about like you described, lasting for about half a day or a little more, stopping, and then little bit again the next day. I went to the ER, they assumed I was M/Cing and sent me home. I went to the OB 2 days later, still pg, and went on to carry the baby to term. Hes now 9.

With my second, I had less bleeding, and earlier in my pg. It turns out I had a ruptured cyst. I also had a lot of abdominal pain with it, but agani - it all worked out and shes now 17 months old.

Our bodies are really amazing, and its so hard to predict what might be going on. You also might not have heard the heartbeat for a number of reasons. And of course, you are naturally hesitant after experiencing a loss once already.

I'll be thinking of you & sending good vibes your way. Please keep us posted when you have your follow up. Unfortunately these are the things we have to leave in natures/gods hands.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 5th, 2008, 06:42 AM
home4mygirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks SO much LaLa!! It really does help.

I'm not sure what to feel right now. It's pretty much slowed to spotting right now, still with no cramping, and no clots, etc. I woke up this morning and I swear I can feel my uterus where I couldn't before, but who knows - maybe it's just wishful thinking. I'm still scared, but for some reason I'm a little hopeful too. I think I'll call my midwife today to see what she thinks, then we'll go in for our scheduled visit tomorrow to see what we find then.

I bled with Trinity too when I was pretty early on, but it wasn't anywhere NEAR as much as this, so I just didn't know what to think.

"We do not choose to be born. We do not choose our parents, or the country of our birth. We do not, most of us, choose to die; nor do we choose the time and conditions of our death. But within this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we live." Joseph Epstein
March 5th, 2008, 08:40 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea, but just wanted to let you know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers...hope you get wonderful news at your next appointment!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search