Home Birth after High Risk Pregnancy?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2008, 11:28 AM
sarahmosmith's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to sarahmosmith
With my first pregnancy I didn't pretty much everything wrong, had a horrible doctor and had an emergancy csection at 33 weeks due to severe pre-clampsia. I was never talked to about diet, exercise, etc.

We are currently TTCing #2 and I will be using the Brewer Diet - I wanted a water birth last time and wanted to do everything naturally and I had the exact opposite experience.

Has any one had the opportunity to have a Home Birth after a High Risk pregnancy?

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1fb8bc" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</div>
March 27th, 2008, 02:54 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had what was classified as "severe Pre-E" in my first pg, and went on to have a happy healthy homebirth with #2. I did the brewer diet, did have high BP, but not Pre-E.

In fact, despite my BP readings with my first, I am pretty much convinced I did NOT have pre-E the first time.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 27th, 2008, 03:47 PM
That is so wonderful to hear!
I just found a Midwife/DR who says : "I have had much experience in dealing with helping women through that kind
of complicated pregnancy. And my whole focus is on nutrition and natural supplements when necessary."

I am so excited, now I just need to make sure that DH's insurace will cover it

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1fb8bc" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</div>
March 28th, 2008, 07:20 AM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Best of luck, Sarah - I hope you get the birth experience you want this time.

I did have a home birth with my second, but my first wasn't high risk - just very, very medically intervention-ed.
March 30th, 2008, 04:00 PM
shadowdweller's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
not the same complication(s), but i'm having a homebirth after two high-risk pg's, and technically, this one is too. i have early dilation and a history of preterm labor.
my m/w would keep a client on with pre-e, unless it was very severe. however, she has only transfered a handful of clients for it in her whole career (20+years), treats with diet and herbs.
March 30th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Oh that is so wonderful to hear!

They M/W i found doens't bill insurance directly so I have to figure out if this is something we can afford or I will just keep looking for a different midwife...

</a>
</div>
March 31st, 2008, 09:51 AM
shadowdweller's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my m/w doesn't bill directly, but is less out of pocket than a hospital birth after my insurance deductible and copays and whatnot. then after the birth she will give us the paperwork for us to send in, and we will likely get at least part of the money back. there's always a way to figure out the finances! most will also offer some sort of discount if you need it, and i've never heard of a hbmw who insisted on the full amount in one lump sum. i'm paying what i can, when i can, so long as the full amount is paid by 36 weeks. it's not so bad that way. good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search