Maxim Elliston is here

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2008, 06:12 AM
jacksons_mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Tuesday night my sister called me and wanted to know how I felt since we spent the day together and ate the same things. I was fine but she was feeling bad. She was then up all night with contractions every 5 minutes.

Wednesday at 10am my BIL called and told me how my sister had been up all night and wanted me to come over so she could rest. I got there around 1045am. She wasn't having contractions anymore and was so tired. We fixed lunch for the kids and then at 1 she went and laid down. Her Dh came home at 2 since he just knew they were going to have a baby very soon. I woke her up at 3 and had her go for walk with me. During the walk her contractions started again. She could still walk and talk through them so we knew we had a lot of time. When we got back they called the midwife just to give her a heads up.

at 900pm her contractions were about every 3-5 minutes lasting 30-40 seconds and were strong enough that she couldn't talk but still not enough to say she was in labor. Her midwife said to have her drink a glass of wine and lay down and see what happened.

1100pm we call the midwife back, the contractions are stronger but no closer together. So she said to go to bed and they should stop.

My sister laid down at 1130 and her DH and I stayed up waiting for her to jump up in labor. At 130 that is just what happened. She was in the shower having contractions every 90 seconds. I made them call her midwife. She lives 2 hours away and at this point we all knew that if her water broke we would be delivering the baby. The midwife's assistant arrived at 345am and started setting up there things and helping my sister through the contractions. My sister refused to get checked cause she wanted a water birth and her midwife was on the way with an inflatable pool.

At 400am her midwife arrived. We got the pool ready and at 415 my sister got in. During this her ODD, 4, woke up. I sat on the couch with her cause she wanted to watch. The water was calming and relaxing and allowed my sister to rest a little bit. At 430 they checked her and she was 10 cm with a bulging bag. They broke her water at 432 and Maxim was born at 436. He came out of the water growling and hasn't stopped making noise! He weighed 6lbs 15 oz and looks just like his dad but has dirty blond hair like his mom. Gabby did fine with the birth and was so excited to see her brother. Both mom and baby are doing great!! My sister was up, showered and had eaten by 630am.

The midwife said that if she had been there at 130 there is no doubt that we would have had a baby then instead of 436.

Here are some pictures of him. I have so many more but they are on the other computer.

One hour old

about 3 hours old

about 4 hours old

12 hours old
March 28th, 2008, 07:16 AM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, what a darling little peanut! Congratulations on your new nephew, Jenna - and thanks so much for sharing his birth story with us!
March 28th, 2008, 07:19 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What an awesome Birth Story & How awesome that you got to be there Its quite an experience at a homebirth huh!? NOthing else like it in the world

And its so funny how our bodies have a strange way of kind of governing themselves when were waiting on something. I had the same thing - my labor picked up immensely when my MW showed up & I totally believe wed have had that baby sooner had she been there earlier lol (she was also 1 1/2 hours away lol).

I love the pictures, ESPECIALLY the first one - that little frog pose is just so cute '

Congrats!

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 28th, 2008, 12:41 PM
4boys
I love his hair!! And such a great story! Congrats!
March 28th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Congrats!!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
March 28th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a beautiful story and he's so tiny and cute!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search