Food for Shower Help

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2008, 02:18 PM
Regular
This is my first post on this board... I'm going to try and scroll some of the previous topics, but I was hoping you might help me.

I'm throwing a shower for my BFF who is coming up from another state. There will be about 25 women, including their babies/children.

Here's the kicker... the mom-to-be is a bit of a picky eater, both because of but also before her pregnancy.

Can you help with suggestions (and recipes if it's not obvious)?

She can't eat tomato based food items (baby does NOT like it which is making Mommy not so happy), so that nixes off lasagna, chicken parm, ziti, etc.

Deli meats are a no-no...

She doesn't like chicken salad or ham (or any pork product).

This is set up as a lunch, and too late to change to a brunch now (invites already printed).

Was contemplating making it a BBQ, but that's really hard to pull off (hostess and grillmeister) unless I can coerce my hubs to help out.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIA!
July 5th, 2008, 11:45 PM
~~~Sara~~~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
This is my first post on this board... I'm going to try and scroll some of the previous topics, but I was hoping you might help me.

I'm throwing a shower for my BFF who is coming up from another state. There will be about 25 women, including their babies/children.

Here's the kicker... the mom-to-be is a bit of a picky eater, both because of but also before her pregnancy.

Can you help with suggestions (and recipes if it's not obvious)?

She can't eat tomato based food items (baby does NOT like it which is making Mommy not so happy), so that nixes off lasagna, chicken parm, ziti, etc.

Deli meats are a no-no...

She doesn't like chicken salad or ham (or any pork product).

This is set up as a lunch, and too late to change to a brunch now (invites already printed).

Was contemplating making it a BBQ, but that's really hard to pull off (hostess and grillmeister) unless I can coerce my hubs to help out.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIA![/b]
Gosh that is hard! How nice of you to throw her a shower.
I guess I can think of a bunch of foods that would fit the criteria but they aren't really nice fancy lunch foods for a shower.

I do have a nice chicken dish recipe that you bake in the oven, it has prosciutto in it, not sure if that is ok. Anyway the good thing is you can put it all together then bake it in the oven. It can be served with rice and a green or fruit salad.

I do however like the idea of your hubby doing the BBQ. I'll keep thinking about it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search