Invitations

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2008, 03:39 PM
whiplash's Avatar Veteran
Where can I get nice, reasonably priced invitations for a baby shower?

How early should I send out the invites?

How long before the shower should I have the guests RSVP?

Any advice on an appropriate way to say 'no kids please'?

TIA
September 1st, 2008, 02:47 PM
JennaMarie's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to JennaMarie
I was reading on a website ( I don't remember which) that you should send out invites 1 1/2-2 months before the shower. And the shower should also be 1 1/2-2 months before your due date. I'm not sure where to get reasonably priced invites, I'm still looking into that as well. Hope this helps!

I would probably have the guests RSVP 3 weeks to a month in advance so you know how many to order for if at home or restaurant, so you know how much room you will need, etc...

September 3rd, 2008, 01:54 PM
I'm not planning my shower, but I overheard my mom saying she bought the invites at The Hobby Lobby, and I think they cost $6 for 12 of them, which isn't *too* bad, but still pretty pricey. You could always just search for a template online and kinda make your own...?

My shower is October 11, and the invitations were mailed out yesterday. If you're having it catered or planning to have prizes, you'd need atleast 2-3 weeks notice so I'd do the RSVP no later then 2 weeks before the shower.

If you don't want any children, you could say something like "Come enjoy a couple hours celebrating ______, and let dad take care of the kids." Or "Every woman needs some grown up time, leave the kids at home and come celebrate ____." Something like that, it's blunt enough to get the point across, but not too mean.
</div>
September 7th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Heather1628's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Heather1628 Send a message via Yahoo to Heather1628
I make my own invites and I send them out 3weeks before the party. That give people plenty of time to take time off from work or what not. RSVP 2weeks before party.
September 9th, 2008, 05:51 PM
saldawg365's Avatar Veteran
there are some super-cute make your own kits at target...
or if you want them printed for you, the best prices by far are at vistaprint.com

September 9th, 2008, 08:24 PM
anjelt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I found this website tonight. I was going to order my invites through walmart but I found these are they are super cute. You can print them off for free. If you sign up and pay the fee you can get games and other things too. Check it out.

InvitationLand.com
September 15th, 2008, 10:05 AM
dom_10_melis's Avatar Veteran
party city has really cute ones...as well as hallmark

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search