Diaper Cakes

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Veteran
Hi Ladies! I'm needing some advice on a shower that's coming up in September. I thought I would get a diaper cake to bring since it's practical and can be used for decoration also, but when looking online theres just too many cute ones to choose from. The theme of her shower/nursery is victorian and the colors are off white and rosy pink. I'm kind of leaning towards the practical "baby" diaper cakes but there are some more elegant diaper cakes I found that might match the theme better. Heres some pics on what I mean...

Very Elegant w/ baby items inside instead of showing:

Still elegant and cute w/ a few items showing:

traditional diaper cake w/ items showing:

Diaper cake w/ "icing"(recieving blankets hiding the diapers):

I know any new mommy would love all of these but which of these do you prefer? Thanks in advance

Well the shower was yesterday and the cake was a hit. The new mommy loved it and it fit right in with her victorian theme. The cake turned out great considering it was the first time I made one. Here's the Pic:
August 26th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Nat&Ry
I have made a couple and I do the ones where the items are showing. I have stuff together to do another one and I think I am going to make it look like the one above that has blankets covering the diapers.

August 26th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to brucewfan
My favorite it the cake with icing but for the shower--I would choose the cake with tulle wrapped around it. It is elegant without being stuffy.
August 27th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom and I make these. Some for wedding showers some for baby showers. We generally use blankets around the baby shower ones and even sometimes embroider the name on the blanket if they have picked one out. Good Luck! They are always so cute!
October 29th, 2008, 05:15 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I am making one for my SIL's baby shower that i am throwing and I am going to put a blanket around the nappies

November 17th, 2008, 08:39 PM
anjelt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got one of these for my DDC's due date club. I love them!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search