Planning my cousin's shower...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2008, 02:55 PM
4littleLadybugs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4littleLadybugs
First off, I have NEVER hosted a shower before, so I'm basically just winging it. Secondly, this is my cousin's 4th baby and her FIRST shower. She has 2 older girls, Skyler's 7 and Alex is 5. Her son Austin was born last September on the 30th and will barely be 1 when the party happens on October 11th. They just found out the new baby is a little girl, but aren't set on a name yet and she's due December 5th. I decided to have a diaper shower for her and even wrote a cute little poem inside to "explain" the premise of the party which is a suprise!!

Ok so if your still reading after all that rambling, your awesome. Basically I would like to know where I could find invitations that look like diapers, directions for making a diaper cake (read the previous "diaper cake" post and love the 3rd one and I am going to attempt to make that one or something similar ) and if you girls know of any more games we can play. I will be giving out little potted hanging house plants, lotions, and $5 Wal-Mart gift cards for the winner's but I need some really fun super cool games. I will also be purchasing a white onesie for party goer's to write on with a black sharpie as a keepsake for the baby. Any help or more creative idea's would be appreciated. The poem for the inside of the card will read:

"The Compton Clan is growing once more.
What now is 3 will soon be 4!!
Clothing, and bottles, and diaper Oh My;
So little time and so much to buy!!
Come help us celebrate the new bundle of joy,
No need to bring clothing, blankets, or toys.
Just a package of diapers, no matter the size.
But mums the word, for it's a suprise!!"

This will be on the blank side of the invitation when you open it, and on the other will have the time, date, and place info. Thanks for your help/feedback girls!!

ETA:: Spelling issues...
August 27th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
Diaper Cake Directions Version 1
Diaper Cake Directions Version 2
Diaper Cake Directions Version 3

More Photos of Various Diaper Cakes (By Theme)

Diaper Invitations
Do It Yourself Diaper Invitations

August 28th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Veteran
Games:
Fill a table with baby items (pacifer, bib, brush, nail clippers, caps, etc) and have the guest look at the table then turn them away. Take a few of the items off and then have them guess what is missing.

Fill a bowl with rice and baby pins. With eyes closed try and find as many as you can having only so many seconds. This is harder than it sounds

On a table have 10 paper bags each with a letter on it to spell out "Baby shower" or what ever phrase you would like. Have the bags open and stading up. Inside the bag have a baby item that starts with that letter and have the guest guess what they think is in each bag. Exp: For B have a bottle or a binky inside. The person with the most correct guesses wins.

Lay out 10 pairs of baby socks and have 2 guest at a time match the socks. The person that matches the most pairs in so many seconds wins.

Afterwards the mom gets to keep all the items used in the games.

Traditonal games:
Guests have a necklace and when they are caught saying the "off-limits" word there necklace is taken. The person with the most necklaces win. I've been to a shower where instead of saying something you couldn't cross your legs.

Guess mommys tummy size with toilet paper.

Door Prizes:

Have all the guest pick a number but don't tell them what it's for until it's time to open gifts. Pick a common baby item like pacifer or blankets then keep count of how many of those she gets. If any ones has that number they get a prize.

Fill a bottle with candy and the one to guess how many (or close to how many) are in there win a prize or they could keep the bottle.

I've never had to plan a shower but I've been to my share of them and these are some of the things I remember. Good Luck and let us know what you plan and how it goes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search