We NEED Help!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Generally Crispy
Its been a long time since I have been pregnant and even longer since I have had a baby shower. I'm expecting twins and a friend of mine wants to do the baby shower for us.

Our issue is that I cant remember alot of the stuff we did at my baby shower with my son. Its been 14 years. I do remember there was tons and tons of food. Multiple 6 foot subs, cakes, steak, hamburger, hot dogs, etc. Her and I are both on a budget so we arent going to be able to go overboard on food. I was thinking some little things like mini sandwiches, crackers and cheese, fruit platter and a veggie platter and lots of cake.

I am so open to food ideas if anyone has any.

As for fun stuff, I dont remember whole lot about mine, I remembered there were jelly beans in a jar and everyone had to guess how many there were for a small prize. And I have pictures of my mom hoping around with a baloon between her knees and I have no idea what that was about. So we really need alot of help with fun things to do at the baby shower.

I was reading about the chocolate suckers and that is absolutely an awesome idea and I think it might be something we could do.

HELP ME!!!!

(I was also wondering when do people usually have thier baby showers. Is 6 weeks before they deliver normal. And being that we are having two and they usually come a bit earlier, would it be acceptable to have a shower a little earlier than normal. )

And when it comes to Thank You Cards, is it more proper to thank someone by sending a Thank You card immediately after the shower or should the Thank you wait until the babies have been born and you photograph the babies using the items the person gave to the babies? (That was what we did when I had my son) I wasnt sure what would be best.

Thoughts, Ideas, Advice and any imput is very welcomed!!!
November 23rd, 2008, 07:09 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
My shower is jan 10 which I'll be 37 weeks, kinda cutting it close. Go to this website

baby shower site
November 28th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Congratulations on having twins! that's great!

When I had my shower, my sister and soon to be sister-in-law put it together. We don't get too fancy around here as far as food and stuff. It really depends on the mood you want, and the time of day. We did ours at about 2pm (a good "snack" time of the day) I think they just had a couple different desserts available. They were new to me and most of my guests but they were really really good. One was a lemon type dessert. If you're on a budget, I would just do something in the afternoon and do some small snacks and cake or just do a cake. I think that is good too....w/ ice cream if you want.

I've seen some really cute games out there. I would check out the above shared link. there's some good stuff there.

It depends on how much you want to be involved...but, I have the feeling that the new mommy should be taken care of 100% that day and not have to really think about anything. lol That's kinda what my sister told me. She said, that She and Abby would take care of everything. She asked me some questions to make sure she didn't do a game I would be offended by or dislike. Most games were secret so it was very much a surprise to me. It was nice

As far as Thank you's. I think simple is best. I was at a baby shower where the hostess passed around small envelopes for everyone to write their name and address so that the mommy wouldn't have to take the time to find the address and write it all down later. VERY NICE. It will save you a big headache

Good luck and I hope your shower is a fun one!!

Wife to Chad since Oct 2000, Mommy to Briana - 6, Laura - 5, Kainan - 4, Sara - 2 1/2 yrs, and Andrew - 1 yr

November 30th, 2008, 12:10 AM
ASailorsWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the last post. I attended a wedding shower where we addressed our own thank you cards. When you already have so much to do and think about I'd take that shortcut! As for games Ive done the one where the hostess takes the labels off baby food and you try to guess which one it is; umm where the guests all cut the string to try and see which is the same size as your tummy; you can buy or make baby bingo or baby word scramble; and then theres the one where at the begining each guest gets a clothespin and cant say BABY or else loses the pin- person who catches them saying BABY gets the pin and winner is the one with the most pins. Hope that helps some!

Oh and i just thought of this one. You can buy mini plastic babies (walmart carries them in the wedding/ baby shower area) and then freeze each one in an ice cube tray. Each guest gets a Baby in their drink (after all its just ice and a bit of plastic) and during the party the first one to see that their "water" has broken (baby is free from ice) wins!

December 6th, 2008, 02:57 PM
DoubleTrouble07N09's Avatar Twin Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to DoubleTrouble07N09 Send a message via MSN to DoubleTrouble07N09 Send a message via Yahoo to DoubleTrouble07N09
Hi I am a lurker but I am also a twin mommy.. I would suggest having your shower around your sixth motn because anytime after that you may not feel up to it or you may be on bed rest... another thing is to ask your doctor, mine told me to have everythign done before I was 28 weeks last time and with this set of twins my doctor said 27 weeks... So my shower will be in February, even though I am not due until June 1st. It just helps with organization, you have enough time to get everything in order before your bundles come home.
11/07 x's2
05/09 x's2

December 13th, 2008, 08:06 PM
anjelt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for Twins, how exciting!!

At my baby showers I really just wanted to see family I haven't seen in a long time, since I moved away for college and had just recently moved back home, so I really didn't want to play games. However I did have a few games, but just mainly had people put their name in a drawing and had my niece pick them out.

I had my baby shower when I was 34 weeks, I wanted to be big enough for people to see me pregnant, but not miserable. (which i am now at 39). Expecting twins you might want to have it early enough so you for one don't miss it, two your not miserable.

As far as thank yous go, I am horrible at this, i still am writing them. I say send them when you have time. Getting ready for a baby, much less two, is very time consuming. Especially if you work on top.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search