Question........

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2008, 07:32 PM
*~*Lindsey*~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *~*Lindsey*~* Send a message via Yahoo to *~*Lindsey*~*
I have a question. Here is my deal.

I am a newly married pregnant mother. My husband isn't the father of my child that I have now, but is the father of the one I am carrying.

My munchkin is almost 6, he will be 6 January 31st. I am due June 2nd.

My mom thew me a baby shower for my son almost 6 years ago. I don't have anything at all, I actually ended up leaving a majority of it behind when I left his father, I was in a hurry to get out.

Anyway, okay I have a son who is almost 6 years old, newly married, and pregnant with our first child together. My IL's want to throw me a baby shower in April. My mother thinks that it is rude for me to invite my family when they have already done this for me, she thinks that I shouldn't have one. I am not really sure if I want one. I mean, it would be nice since I don't have ANYTHING, but I am kind of with my mom, I really don't want to make my family and family's friends upset because they already did this. How can we go about doing this? If I have one, which I am because my IL's aren't really giving me that choice, I still want to be able to invite my family and family's friends, but I don't want them to think it is rude etc.?

Any help & opinions would be greatly appreciated please!! TIA!!
December 6th, 2008, 03:02 PM
DoubleTrouble07N09's Avatar Twin Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to DoubleTrouble07N09 Send a message via MSN to DoubleTrouble07N09 Send a message via Yahoo to DoubleTrouble07N09
I saw have the shower! Every baby should be celebrated and it's been a while sinc eyou had your last son, plus this may be your second shower but it is your husbands first son... you should definetly have one.
11/07 x's2
05/09 x's2

December 7th, 2008, 07:07 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Well, if his side wants to come, and your side doesnt, i say just have it with his side. His side might not care how many kids you have, and just want to celebrate each new addition. is this the first child of his, becuse if thats the case, i say throw it, becuase the shower is for him too!!
December 8th, 2008, 12:34 PM
*~*Lindsey*~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *~*Lindsey*~* Send a message via Yahoo to *~*Lindsey*~*
This is his first but my second.
December 13th, 2008, 07:58 PM
anjelt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree, have the shower, invite all, the ones who don't think it's appropriate will not come. My boyfriend has three kids with his ex, and his family refused to throw a baby shower, nor did they come to any of the other ones I had. because it wasn't his first. Mind you it's OUR first and only, and last. but I didn't let it get to me. In todays' day and age, people just love to celebrate babies. And if they are of the older generation they won't come if they don't think its right.
December 20th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would definitely have the shower and invite whoever I wanted! If they didn't think it was appropriate, they can choose to stay home!
December 20th, 2008, 12:07 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
Have the shower and let your family decide whether or not to attend. Or you can do like I did and have separate showers for each side (this was my wedding shower, not baby). No one says everything has to be nicey-nicey between the in-laws. Sure it's nice, but push comes to shove, if your ILs want to have a party and your family doesn't want to attend or doesn't believe in it.....there's not much you can do about it.

December 31st, 2008, 09:45 AM
mama2jobin's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mama2jobin
I think you should have the shower and your family should at least come a bring a little outfit for the new one. It's their new grandkid. Thats my opinion

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Michelle, Daniel, and Baby Boy Jobin

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search