Not finding out the sex of our last baby...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Veteran
Hello all! My husband and I will be TTC baby #4 (the last! LOL) early this summer. So far with my other three I have found out the sex very early or at least by the usual 5 months... But his last time I reaaaalllyy want it to be a suprise! I feel as if this is one of the only true suprises in life and I want to experience it! My only question to you ladies is...have you ever gone this route? If so how did the shower work? I don't want to put my baby in yellow and green for it's first year of life!! and what about the nursery,etc.. I just don't know... ideas?!

** Thank you Sharon for My Siggy! **

April 28th, 2009, 09:00 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
We're doing the same thing with Baby #3. We have a girl nursery and a boy nursery now though. Will you be putting together a nursery just for the new baby? You could have him/her sleep with you until he/she is a little older and then move the baby into another child's room when older. Keep his/her clothes in the gender appropriate bedroom of another sibling.

So, you're going to have a shower for a 4th baby? I would recommend a "Meet the Baby" celebration after the baby is born. Then, people can bring gender-specific items if they want to and meet the baby! Or, you could have a diaper shower.

I'm not a fan of gender-neutral clothing and nursery decor myself. That's why we found out the gender with the first two kiddos. But, now that we have everything for both genders, it's a non-issue.
May 2nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't know the sex of my daughter until she was born. I cried when the doctor told me it was a girl. I would have cried for a boy too...lol. I wouldn't change that experience for the world. I loved not knowing and got to pick names for both sexes. People looked at me funny though when I said I wanted to be surprised.

For the shower we went with a Winnie-the-Pooh theme. We didn't get much in the clothes department since we didn't know what we were having. I had a lot of other things on the baby registry so I could pick out the clothing after she got here. The nursery was a neutral Pooh theme as well. Since you have 3 other babies, maybe you could make the nursery more gender specific once the baby is born using things you already have. Of course we still got some onesies and little socks that were neutral. After she was born we sent out birth announcements and the all the pink dresses came in.

It is hard to avoid the yellows and greens. I don't know if I helped much. Good luck!

Thank you Gwynbynfoefyn for my fabulous new siggie

May 4th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You can totally do it without yellow and green. There is so much in design out there and you can be completely creative with the nursery. I personally like nurseries that aren't all pink or all blue - there are so many other beautiful colour combinations and bedding choices.

We don't know what we are having and we got amazing gifts at our shower. We didn't get a lot of clothing which worked for me because I would rather pick it out myself anyway. Our nursery is "neutral" but I love it - it's very calming and soothing and the baby doesn't care!

Good luck! And don't count out green - there are some nice greens out there!
May 7th, 2009, 09:12 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What about White brown and red... all neutral colors to me. DH and I are hoping to conveive in a while and I want it to be a suprise (I think). Il ove the tans, and whites. So I willhave a white bumper and crib skirt and then I'll buy crib sheets to the specific genger after the birth 9I'll have a tan crib sheet for the baby to come home to. You could use brown and white for the nursery and add accents of blue or pink when the baby comes home. Rather than clothes, diapers are always a great thing to ask for at a baby shower, and bottles, blankets and wipes... all of which you'll use and they don't have to be gener specific.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search