Centerpieces doubling as gifts, favors, game prizes and the like....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2009, 12:00 AM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
In planning my SIL's baby shower, I find myself coming up with centerpieces and decorations that can double as gifts to the mom-to-be, party favors for guests, and game prizes. I thougt I'd share my ideas for you all and if you have any other ideas, please share!

Wood Letters in Baby's Initials, $9 (Hobby Lobby) - I got the baby's initials in standing wood letters. I will paint them a color to match the color theme of the shower. And then, Mom-to-be can have them after the shower for the Baby's nursery! They can stand on a shelf or dresser or she can add teeth to the back of them to hang the letters on the wall! I will more than likely put these on the food table.

Diaper Cake!, $$$ varies - Moms-to-be are loving these! They are cute and decorative for the shower. They are nice for the nursery until the mom decides to use the diapers. And, of course, they're practical. I love to decorate them to match the shower and/or the baby's nursery.

Diaper Cupcakes, less than $1 - I like them for the same reason as the full-size diaper cakes! Now these can be used as favors for all the expectant moms that are guests too.

Flower Pens in a Pot, $$$ varies - I bought a pot of 13 fake flowers for $4 at Michaels this weekend. I bought two to make 26 flower pens. The green planting tape was $2. I didn't have two bought I bought two more stems of flowers for $1 each that has a complimentary color to go in the middle of each pot (I'll make these into pens too). I will have two pots of flowers for centerpieces and guests can pull a flower pen out at the end of the Shower as their party favor. 28 flower pens for $12 plus the cost of pens (that I already had around the house).

Floral Magnets, less than $1- Take a scrapbooking flower, hot glue it to a small round magnet. They can be used to go around a centerpiece or strung down the center of the table. And guests can take them home at the end of the Shower.

Mini-Pumpkins, $$$ varies depending on size and type - We're having a fall/Halloween-color themed shower with a few pumpkins thrown in. You can buy fresh or plastic and they can be given away as favors or game prizes. I bought 6 plastic ones for .75 each.

Boy Picture Frame with Sonogram Picture, $$$ varies - Mom-to-be will love to have this after the shower and it can be used near the sign-in book or as a centerpiece.

Balloons - They're cheap and colorful. But, sometimes people forget they are the perfect party favor for small children. So, at the end of the party, let the kids take the latex balloons home!

If you have any other ideas, please share!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search