What are some good baby gifts to give from a group?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2009, 05:49 PM
My college track and field coach is inviting my event group over for dinner. His wife is pregnant with a girl due in January. There's ten of us (throws squad) that are invited to dinner. We want to get a few gifts for the baby from our group.

They already have a two year old son so they have a lot of the baby essentials. He's a great coach, but we're a bunch of poor college students so we've got a limited budget. Even though this isn't original, I'm thinking of getting baby clothes and maybe a stuffed bear or something for the campus store. When we had a shower for their son, we also gave them a gift certificate to a nearby restaurant. A nice outing and helps make things easier at least for that day. So we'd get them another gift certificate as well. I also heard the suggestion to get a big pack of diapers (200 pack).

How do these gifts sound? Do you have any suggestions? We're not doing any games or anything so it's not really a shower, just a dinner plus a few gifts. Thanks for your help!
November 12th, 2009, 03:12 AM
shutuppalex007's Avatar Super Mommy
(dropping in) All of those gifts sound great, but if you guys wanted, you could all chip in for a diaper cake. They are pretty cute, and the prices range so if you all wanted to put in $5, I'm sure you could find a really nice $50 diaper cake, or if you all wanted to put in $10... the same. Below are some examples, but if you look them up online you can find a lotttt more! You can also make them.

Examples:

$99 (both are)

What's included:
Approximately 60 Pampers Swaddler Size 1-2 Diapers
Crocheted Baby Booties
2 Baby Washcloths
Johnson and Johnson travel products (shampoo, lotion, wash, powder)
Cotton Swabs
Beautiful Ribbon & Bows done in purples and greens
Butterfly Embellishments

Whats included:
Contains 15-20 baby items,
plus a bottle,
25 disposable diapers
receiving blanket, etc.

-
November 12th, 2009, 11:03 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Yes, I'd definitely go with a diaper cake! It has that "wow" factor (and if you know the theme of her nursery, you could decorate or buy the cake to match that theme) but it's also practical. Every new mom needs diapers.

I don't know how much time you have before the dinner, but if you have the time to order something online and wait for the mail, personalized gifts with the baby's name are also adorable and usually much-appreciated. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices and Etsy :: Your place to buy and sell all things handmade have sellers with auctions for sets (say, a blanket, onesie, and bib) where you can have it personalized with baby's name and/or initials. You can buy sets as cheap as $18 all the way up to $100.

Good luck!
February 9th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Diaper cakes are a great idea - and they're pretty easy to make yourself too. Some of the things that you need for every baby are baby wash, baby lotion, baby shampoo, diapers, clothes, toys... You could get a cute assortment of inexpensive items and put them in a large basket and put a bow on top - something they'll use, easy to put together and still looks great.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
February 24th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Happy Mommy
Group gifts i loved were a basket (or some other storage container I could reuse) and then filled with essentials, soaps, lotion, onsies, socks, q-tips, desatin, a&d and the like.
April 30th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Wow! Mom-to-be sure is lucky to have such a thoughtful group

Diaper cakes are the BEST because you know they will be used. Apart from that, gift baskets are always a pleasure to receive or even a gift certificate to a gift store or even Amazon would be great. With a big group, a nice gift is always the norm. If any of you is creative, I saw this website Bestbabyshowerpresents for how to create your baby gift basket (not sure if the link will go through but you can google all this online and maybe even find something else to create a gift basket.

Good luck and enjoy the baby shower!
June 12th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the information.
March 1st, 2013, 07:40 PM
Your idea isn't bad! It's what the baby needs as well. But you can also try a gift basket full of customize baby products like a shirt with the baby's name on it (if they already have a name for the baby), or a little saying about baby if the name is not available. You can have a customize baby towel as well. Just make it more personal to make it a meaningful one. They will surely appreciate the efforts!
June 25th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Veteran
I agree - a diaper cake or baby gift basket would both be great group gifts!

Web Designer at Studio239Design.com, and Creator of SWFLbaby.com
December 23rd, 2013, 09:42 AM
Regular
According to me best gift that you can give is some books on pregnancy and some books on how to take care of the baby.These kind of books are easily available in book store.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search